Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm real new to the forum. Looking for some info.
I have a 1964 or 65 ford 2000 4 cylinder diesel tractor with a 724 dearborn loader.
I'm in need of a hydraulic filter for the loader which seems hard to find.
It measures 3"x 9. According to the parts book for the loader it's part number is 920417.
What have you folks done as a replacement if the original type is unavailable?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Napa yesterday after making calls to different places in regards to 920714. No place has it.
I was convinced I'd make some modifications to the existing base and make a new top piece to accommodate filter number 51590. Which is a newer type filter that I think was a change made for the 730 loaders.
After calling a few places that charge in the $90.00 range for that filter I'm still looking for a better price.
Seems wix is the big producer for this filter and they only make a run of this number a couple times a year. Along with a few others that are not sold in high volume any longer.
My guess is moving forward this number filter will be unubtainium too in the future along with 920714.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I posted my same question on YT forum the same day I posted it here. A fella over there posted photos of the modifications that I spoke of above.
If anyone has an interest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts