Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are a few computer guru's out there. I am trying to install EA Sports Nascar 2004.

After installation, I go to click on the game in the start menu, and I get the old "error in DDRAW.DLL file, program will now close" box. I am running Win ME. I have ran scan disc, uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed, same thing. I then looked in explorer, and found the DDRAW.DLL file, but theres obviously something wrong.

Is there any way to d-load just that particular file, or do I have to run the rescue disc? I hate to do that, as even without going the total restore route, I still have to install a bunch of stuff again.

*EDIT* I also hit ctrl, alt, del and cancelled out everything except for explorer and systray as suggested in the booklet, but it did nothing either.

Any help would be appreciated!
Greg

·
Registered
674 Posts
Do a google search on the file and download it and put it in system. You will probably either go over the other one or have to delete it. I've had to download files like that before. It has been a while and that is how i remember doing it. Pay attention to where the file is now so you put the new one in the same location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts