1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

David Brown 885

Discussion in 'Case / Farmall - International Harvester' started by shatrell07, Apr 29, 2012.

1. shatrell07

shatrell07 New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Im having a few issues with my David Brown 885, and wanted to know if anyone has some idea of what's causing these problems

Fluid is coming out of the bleeder on the side next to the ram cylinder, and fluid is also coming out of the bottom of the control valve.
    In both cases, it only happens when the lever is in forward or reverse due to pressure but never when in neutral.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as what could be causing this?

Any comment is appreciated

2. BelarusBulldog

BelarusBulldog Registered User

Feb 19, 2011
    Part of the problem sounds like a restriction in the control valve. Maybe a rubber seal blocking a port. What were you doing when this happened? Bye

3. shatrell07

shatrell07 New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I was disengaging/engaging the control lever on the control valve when I realized the fluid leakage.

Here's what Ive done so far:

The control valve has hydraulic lines attached (the hydraulic lift was not working at all), so I removed the hydraulic lift pump to see that one of the rubbers were bad. I replaced it.

I replaced the ram cylinder's O ring, dissassembled the control valve and thoroughly cleaned it, and also replaced the hydraulic filter.