Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have realized that TractorForum uses 'Data Miner' type tracking cookies (considered spyware) I was curious as to who is collecting this info and what is being collected? Are my web surfing habits being collected? Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hi johnnyray 13,

I use Ad ware 6.0 and I have never seem anything from this site
listed....

are you sure its from here??

Ducati

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used Ad-aware too. Did a clean, went to this site and cleaned again. This is what it found:
Tracking Cookie
Data Miner
File
154 Bytes
c:\...\john ray\cookies\john [email protected][2].txt
Risk Level: Low

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
johnray,, I'm not sure but I expect that is what is used to keep you logged in as you view the various pages of the forums.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yep just used to keep your login info. If you don't want to use cookies, go to user CP and turn it off. Please don't cause alarm to all members and guests about cookies, when nearly every single site on the planet uses them. TF only uses cookies for keeping track of login account information. If you want to login each time, then that is ok. There is no other "spyware" or any other software that is monitoring your activity, your computer, applying viruses or anything else.

If you have any future concerns, please email me or any other moderator directly. I thank you, Johnray.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts