Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that a curent news area, it would be nice but it could be troublesome in the fact that it would have to be kept fresh.What your thoughts on it?

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Good idea

Now Mr. Superman, do you want to be responsible for its updated content and moderation? ;)

Let me know...Thanks.

Andy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be interesting but I have never done anything like before. I would have to have more info, I could be Clark Kent in that regard instead of Superman.....:D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Are you thinking like inside industry news? Stuff like who MTD is gonna buy next? Previews of 2004 models? or news of members, like who is having a baby, getting married, standing trial?:)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of business news and the latest ideas in the tractor related areas orginally but your idea of the folks who have news of their own is also a good idea. Maybe 2 forums in this site would be best. One business news area and the other personal news that would be best.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I like the lawn care / tractor news

forums not the "national enquirer" forum ideas. Want to talk about that go to the OT forum and politics? to the political forum.
I will gladly make an industry forum --- if anyone has any ideas or sources for the news (trade mags/online sources) please let me know. Also, let me know if this makes any sense. ;)

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
industry news

I was kinda joking when asking about who's getting married or standing trial.:D I was assuming that you guys were talking industry stuff but it was not clear. Most of us are on the various manufacturer sites often and learn about the stuff pretty quick, although it sure would be convenient to check out one place for all news. Yeah, thinking out loud here, it sure would be a nice feature to check one place. :) :)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy, I agree that it should stick to industry news. After thinking a while it just makes sense in the regard to sticking to the news only. I could moderate it if no one wants to, I have limited experience but I can learn quickly if needed. And I can always come to you when I need help.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Thanks.

Michael, thanks for the interest. I will create the forum board and then I expect the following updates on it: Manufacturer/industry news --- updated models and technology etc from all of the major manufacturers & aftermarket product suppliers. I am sure that this can be found in some type of trade guide mag or online lawn equipment association of some type. After you can show your competency with posting quality information. (after all it is mostly reporting the news, not talking about it) - then I will consider moving you into a moderator for this new forum.

Bontai, if you can offer some tips, urls etc -- then please let me know -- if you are interested in moderatoring anything, just let me know and I will take care of it. :)

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts