Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Sears hardware today and they had a LT on clearance for $650.

I am thinking about it. Seems like a great price. I could put my older tractor out to pasture or sell it and pay for part of it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
Go ahead and get it...that is a GOOD deal...just think-you'll kick yourself next spring if you don't have a new tractor when you could have gotten one real cheap.

·
674 Posts
Was this a return? I was told by a sears sales guy that returns can be had for 50% off retail plus any coupons or 10% offs they have going on. That was why I bought my self propelled high wheeler.... not because I needed it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, still new, just a display model. It would replace my older LT that I use the hell out of. It still runs good, but it is starting to show its age a bit.

I'm gonna try and get it for around $550. At that number, its a no brainer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our sears had GT5000 with Hydro for $2600 today. Seems like it said it was regularly $3100

That seems like a lot of garden tractor for a good price.

-Deere

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yeah that seems like a pretty good price on the GT5000 but if I remember, some people actually saw it for closer to $2000-2400 in some areas which is simply OUTSTANDING IMHO. I know by the time that I used a sales discount, added the extra goodies, and extended warranty and tax, I was well in the 3's ---- :monkey:

But it is a fabulous GT for the money even at 3 out the door in my opinion!!! Might not be green and yella but it is one hella of fella!
NANA

Andy
:truth:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
LT1000

I have a LT1000 IC twin 19.5 hp 42". It is a basic mower but I have been very happy with it over the last two years. For $650, buy two!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bought it today. Got it for $450 (plus tax) delivered with the bagger!!!!!! What a steal.

I already have someone lined up to buy my older one for $300. So for $150, I get a new tractor. Only bad part is I have just sunk $200 into the one I'm selling. I guess I'll live and learn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts