Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this lawn tractor new in 1999.

After many hole repairs to the original deck, I replaced the deck 4 or 5 years ago. The bagger attachment has several repairs using sheet metal a rivets, but I'm still running the original B&S V-Twin.

I maintain over an acre of land and use the bagger to pick-up a never ending supply leaves, leaves and more leaves.

Anyway, I thought this little guy deserved an honorable mention.
IMG_20200308_161645382~2.jpg

KIMG0391~2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum tufcat! That's some pile of leaves! Looks like you have yourself a tough little workhorse there. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Those old LT's were tough little machines. The decks always go before the tractor gives up.

Does that have the Briggs Twin II engine (horizontal opposed)?
I was working on one of those this afternoon. It's in a Hydro-drive Murray I'm getting ready to flip in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those old LT's were tough little machines. The decks always go before the tractor gives up.

Does that have the Briggs Twin II engine (horizontal opposed)?
I was working on one of those this afternoon. It's in a Hydro-drive Murray I'm getting ready to flip in a couple of weeks.
Hi Bob, it's just a vertical shaft 21hp I/C. I seldom run more than 10 hours between oil changes. I drain the oil and winch the front of the tractor up into a vertical position to service the blades, grease, etc. Then set her back down and fill it with new oil. The oil filter receptacle is capped (it was that way when I bought it) so no added oil filter expense with the frequent oil changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts