Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to the train this morning, my wife and I got into a discussion about what to call the motive power portion of a semi-trailer truck. I said that I believed the correct term was "tractor" as in tractor-trailer however it was not what we commonly think of as a tractor like my John Deere X485. Her response was

"...no I think of a 'real tractor' as having big tires not yours which is nothing more than a golf cart with grass cutting capability..."

Now should this woman be publicly flogged for spouting such heresy? I'm not one to advocate physical violence against a spouse but there are limits. Insult me but not my tractor!:eek:

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Definately qualifies for being drawn and quartered...

Or at least wash her mouth out with soap!

LOL

Greg

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tractor

If she's Cute, Forgiver her indescetion...

If she's not.... Oh Never mind, I guess it's illegal anyway

My peeve is "Lawn Mower", which to me means one with a 3.5 hp motor, and a push handle. I scream everytime somebody says lawn mower when they mean "tractor".

Worse yet is the generic term "Riding Lawn Mower", to mean all mowing machines.

To me, a Riding Lawn Mower would, almost by definition be a RER or something similar. It would NEVER have attachments for plowing the back 40.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well.....having been married for a period of time:cry: ....sometimes it's better not to say anything than to let the mouth engauge before the brain does.:duh: Let it slide this time but remember the old saying about paybacks. Your opportunity will come around.:winky:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Forbidden Topics

I am beginning to believe tractors fall into the same category as politics, religion, and gun ownership rights. All tend to stir up some heated discussions.

Gotta run......I have a busy evening. Have to hop on my Deere GT225 to mow lawn before I attend Mass this evening. Afterwards I promised to help the kids write an essay on the corrupt legacy of William Jefferson Clinton and then take them to the range for some target practice with my Glocks and Rugers.

Later.....

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Have Fun

Gromulus
That does sound like a busy evening. Dont let the kids shoot you we want you back.:smiles:
Jody:usa:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts