Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new cordless mouse and Keyboard for this computer today. Purchased a Logitech MX duo and I am liking it already.Keyboard has a much nicer feel to it then the one I got with my Machine.Mouse is rechargable ,just plug it in.Keyboard has duel use F keys. I can go to Tractorforum.com with just one button now.Now if I can figure out how to plug in my new mike.
Question:What is the reason for locking the keyboard?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats good

So is that why you haven't been posting here lately:question: So glad to see you back on.
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Slipshod<

Is your new mouse optical or mechanical? How does it respond?

Logitech makes great mouses (mice?). I have been using a Logitech Trackman Marble Wheel for over 5 years and it still performs flawlessly. It is the kind with the big marble or ball on the right portion of the mouse that you roll with your thumb.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i use the same type as you mowhoward, ive used logitechs for years now.. always trackballs.. presently with the big marble, befroe that a similar design...
The optical cordless mouse i saw always has a flashing light, no way to shut it off.. no big problem except the mouse would run out of battery life from time to time...

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no track ball

I have the MX700 opotical cordless rechargable.It has a receiver base that it sits in and recharges.It sports an800 dpi sensor,good for 4.9 megapixals per second.very programable,can be set up to match the user.lots and lots of control

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Thanks for the info, Slipshod. I'm not in the market for a new mouse at this time, but I was just curious about your new Logitech wireless mouse. Sounds like a great purchase.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I have a logitech mechanical wireless mouse and it just has replaceable batteries. I think that I might have replaced them 2 times in the past year.

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
The only mouse I liked better then the Logitech one I have now, was an OLD MS one. Probably from the early 80's. Thing weigh a ton, had no scroll wheel, but worked AWSOME. Did not eaven need a pad, could use it in sand.

Have a cordless one at work, and a cordless keyboard also, but have not got a feel for it yet. LOVE the new 21" flat panle though. SWEET!!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Now all you need is to go wireless totally. I am on my laptop with no wires whatsoever.

Works really great and is super fast.

Never tried the trackballs, always were too hard to use for me. I did go optical on my mouse last week.

Works awesome.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Mowhoward, I've been thinking about getting one of those tractman type mouses/mice, how do you like it, how does it compare for ease of use to a "conventional" mouse????

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
parts man, I've been using it for over 5 years.

The biggest benefit is that the mouse stays stationary so you never run out of mouspad when dragging and dropping, or moving from one corner of the screen to another.

I'm pretty adept at "flicking" the marble with my thumb, so I can really move the cursor fast.

I use a conventional mouse at work, and also on the other computers in my home.
They're ok, but I prefer my Marble Wheel because it stays stationary.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:thumbsup: Thanks MowHoward, that's the info I was looking for. At about $60, I didn't want to buy one and not use it!!!:tellyou:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I'm using a MS IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 at work now. Pretty cool. Cordless, optical and a few buttons. On the side is a forward and back button that I use when surfing. The wheel is nice for scrolling up and down pages, but the wheel also tilts sideways for scrolling sideways. All in all, kind'a cool. I swayed away from the cordless stuff because I figured the day that I was really busy would be the day that the batteries started dieing. Guess I'll see.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I don't have

anything wireless but my mouse is a optical with a scroll wheel by Logitech. And i can tell you i will never go back to the old type mice's no rubber ball to have to clean and it will work on any surface optical is the way to go.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mice

Wireless,optical,rechargable ,is the way to go

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got a wired opticle mini-mouse for the laptop. Man it works great. Also super small and light weigt for the road. Believe it's a Targus brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts