Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Andy
I just want to run this by you. It looks like we have some computer experts on the list but most of us are not. What do you think about having a place where us amatures can ask computer questions if we could have some of the pros monitor it. Just a thought.
Rodster

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's a test Netscape questions that's been bugging me for quite some time.

Can you set up multiple home pages using the tab feature? In other words, when I start Netscape, is there any way for say - three tabs with three home pages to open up simultaneously?
:confused:

Jay

BTW, tisenberg, don’t get ill, but I’ve been using Netscape since day one – isn’t that before Mr. Gates did his impersonation?:naah: :naah:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I'm not bias towards either browser. Well, I guess I am. In my job, our product supports both so I sometimes use both. I just get annoyed at the time it takes for netscape to just launch. Gates put in the special code in the operating system...

if( application == "Netscape" )
{
sleep(5000);
turbo_launch = false;
}else{
turbo_launch = true;
}

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I gave Netscape a try a once it was to slow for me went back to IE stick with what works.:smiles:
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Jay -> As for how to set multiple "home" pages through the GUI.

IE --> No idea

Netscape -> No idea

HTML -> Unzip attached file, set file as your home page. You can edit the links it opens by editing the HTML file with notepad. You CANNOT use GW since their site does not support frames

:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Jay_NJ................

I WILL get an answer to your Question!!!

Just be patient with me, and I shall infuse you with greater knowledge than you can even imagine.

It will also impress Jody and Simple_John too....

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Rodster
Hi Andy
I just want to run this by you. It looks like we have some computer experts on the list but most of us are not. What do you think about having a place where us amatures can ask computer questions if we could have some of the pros monitor it. Just a thought.
Rodster

I thought thats what the New PC & Photography Forum was for:smiles: :winky:

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
IE vs Netscape...

I got no dog in this fight 'cause I use Safari...on my Power Mac G4!

Greg

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Argee has the avatar for that one.:smiles: :clap: :clap:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts