Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever see this website? They recondition their tractors at their own place But for the prices i have seen, i could almost buy a new Mahindra 2015. They seem to be selling them though. I can't believe John Deere hasn't called them up threatening a lawsuit because of their paint scheme.

http://www.compact-tractors.com/yanmar.htm

·
Registered
254 Posts
The problem with "Reconditioned" only requires the product to appear as new!

So power wash, fresh paint, new seat cover, and new tires.

They are not claiming anything remanufactured.

They're selling at remanufactured prices for what is a cleaned-up used tractor.

Ebay would be better place to buy from!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yea, they been around for quite a while. Most all of their Yanmars are '93 and newer F and FX models. I don't think they even sell two cylinders anymore. They recondition their stuff up near Vancover BC I think. They are too expensive for the average guy with a couple acres, and someone with 10 or more acres usually buys one of the big three new or used.

Regardless of who sells them, they are one tough, durable and dependable tractor.

Mark

BTW, GS says they paint them that color to distinguish theirs from others.......

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
These post are interresting !! I`ve been looking at compact JD, New , Whew Real pricey , Funny thing , Friday I noticed a RED Yanmar with a finish mower , on the back row of the JD dealership. Its real straight ,3 cylinder. In good shape just faded. I know nothing about Yanmar , I would need one with a front end loader , This would be only for yard work & Lawn care.

Do Y`all think a used Yanmar would do the trick ??

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don,

Yep. They sip fuel, are as, or more durable than most and like any tractor, if they have a decent maintenance history, they'll run 6000+ hours before overhaul is needed. Yanmar makes stationary equipment, marine engines and tractor drivetranes, and has from 1933 to present. Yanmar was founded in 1912, built their first diesel in 1930 (for production).

You would probably want 4X4 if you are considering a FEL. The only negative thing I can think of is the small operator platform....but hey once your on it, it's not a problem....

If you know the model number of the one your looking at, I can let you know what the price should be. Find out the hours too.

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yanmar has been building tractors for John Deere years.

The John Deere's Garden Tractors including the X Series lawn and garden and Gator Utility Vehicle are bulit by Yanmar.
Yanmar also builds the following Compact tractors for John Deere: 3720 Compact Tractor (44 hp), 3520 Compact Tractor (37 hp), 3320 Compact Tractor (32.5 hp), 3120 Compact Tractor (29.5 hp)

In 1977 Agreement with Japanese manufacturer Yanmar authorizes sale of small tractors under the John Deere name.

Yanmar is a great tractor, so good that John Deere subcontracts to build there small tractors.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Thanks , I`m real Impressed !!
Tomorrow , Monday ,02/28 , I will get all the info , asking price and pic`s of the Yanmar. then I`ll need to find a loader, thats a must. Thanks again to each of you , I don`t feel like i`m going into this in the dark ..
I will post further tomorrow evening.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yanmar also makes a lot mini-escavators also. My nieghbor Dan just bought a gray market one. A B50 is what he bought and I am highly impressed with what that little machine could do and for a third less than a BobCat that we saw at auction 3 weeks ago The Bobcat had a opposable thumb but all the specs were very close and his little machine did a really good job of regrading my property over by my 2nd driveway (I hope that it clears up a drainage issue I had over there but I think I will have to tile that area).

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I`m sending 3 or 4 pics of the Yanmar
Vin - 17B-12060
Hr meter 1056.3
asking price w/ finish mower -$4,900.00
Run`s good

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
17B?

Hey Don,

I have just contacted a friend and havent heard from him yet....about the 17B. The decals on the hood indicate aftermarket and not original (decals) which would have the model number. If it is a 1700 it would be the 17 HP 2 cylinder and if it is the 1702 it is the 3 cylinder.

If you have a chance there is a id tag on the side of the valve cover that will have the engine # example: 3T75U-NA which is a 1702 engine number. I can tell that the big 4X4 knuckles are of a late model design....may be 80-83? Also the wheels will indicate the manufactured date by month and year....things like the headlight bezel and other items are still available used or salvaged....

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
505 Posts
17B very strange??

Don,

Sorry it took a few days to find out just what kind of a Yanmar that tractor is. After several emails, phone calls etc.. We (collective we) are still not quite sure.

Heres how good some of these guys are....ONE) The throttle position on your picture indicates it may be an American model....fully back indicates throttle off. TWO) The small vertical piece welded on the front bumper may be a factory support for a MMM, which may indicate an additional front PTO equipped.
And three) It may be the model 1701D or 1720D which is very popular....see attached.

Bad new is if it is a YM177 (or 2200) they are a one year only and have significant head failures...cracks, and parts are next to impossible to acquire. Need the engine #'s to be sure of what model it is...or isn't.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Thanks Mark ,
I appriciate all the work your doing , I thought when I got it I would paint it Green like the new pics that I`ve seen . But , after looking at the pic that you sent today , Well the Red looks really good.
I didn`t get in the area of the dealer today , busy , busy , But I might run over there after while and get the engine numbers.
The info on the head might make a differance of if I get it or not.
Thanks again ,, Don

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don, No problem.

I know your a tractor guy, so I can only suggest that you drive that thing around, use the three point, engage the PTO , engage the four wheel drive and look for leaks of any kind.........sorry, I am sure you would have thought of all that.

Is it a two or three cylinger, did you notice?

Mark

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Hi Mark , I like tractors , for sure , but I dont know much about newer units. Its a three cyl , diesel. Its all clean and I didnt see any leaks. I`m fixin to go get engine #`s
I still have to consider the price of a front bucket !! I gotta admit , the more I see and read , the more I like it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Don,

That picture is a 1702D (not 1720) and I thought I would include a 1720 picture of a friends....he is asking $5100. The picture is just to indicate the potential the tractor you found, has.

I think $4900. is a little steep....well maybe, until I saw the finish mower, and they are expensive around here....even a good used one still goes for $6-800.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hope this is not too boring...last picture of a YM1610D shuttle shift....it's just the engine, tranny etc. Forgive me If I have posted these pix before....This one is getting a FEL (sitting on a pallet), it's currently about %90 complete.

Regards, mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Hey Mark
those pic`s. aren`t boreing , they are good , is the engine original color ? the one in the used tractor is a machine or battle ship gray. You have went to great detail !!
I`m gonna try to find a price of a frt. bucket today. I don`t need the finish mower , 4,200 with out it.
A new JD is 13,000 , I would like to get something for about half that amount.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts