Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I liked him too! They were playing early recordings of his performances on National Public Radio this morning, and he was funny even 40 years ago. One of the true tests of comedy is if people still laugh at stuff you did decades ago. A genuine master of the one liner!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Deserving of Respect

Rodney was also one of my favorites. I loved him in Easy Money, Caddyshack, and Back to School. (A special thanks to S.S. Gordon for introducing me to him back in my college days!) God bless you Rodney.

Some classic Dangerfield One-liners:

A girl phoned me the other day and said..."Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

It's been a rough day. I got up this morning...put on a shirt and abutton fell off. I picked up by briefcase and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up.

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

My mother never breast fed me. She told me that she only liked me as a friend.

My father carries around the picture of the kid who came with his wallet.

When I was born...the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father..."I'm very sorry. We did everything we could...But he still pulled through."

My mother had morning sickness-after I was born.

I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father...He said he wanted more proof.

Once when I was lost...I saw a policeman and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him..."Do you think we'll ever find them?" He said..."I don't know kid...there are so many places they can hide."

My wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday.

I worked in a pet shop and people kept asking how big I'd get.

I went to see my doctor, "Doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror...I feel like throwing up; What's wrong with me?" He said..."I don't know but your eyesight is perfect"

I went to the doctor because I'd swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. My doctor told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
"I get no respect"
"When I was born the doctor slapped my momma"

May god bless you Rodney.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I get no respect"

"My wife likes to talk to me when she is having sex; so she calls me from the hotel!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
"I asked the taxi driver to take me where the hottest action in town was... He drove me to my house."

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
one of the old time comedians that were funny without props or gags or swearing..

not many like that any more...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Here's a few more....

I asked the cop "How long a walk to the subway?" He said "I don't know, so far no one's made it!"

I live in a rough neighborhood, everytime I close the window, I hit someones fingers

Boy was she hairy! I reached down to pet her cat, it was the hair on her legs!

I said to the bartender, "surprise me! He showed me a naked picture of my wife!

I came home the other night and saw a man running in the street naked. I asked him "how come? He said because you came home early!

My wife asked me to take out the garbage. I told her you cooked it, you take it out!

My wife, she's nothing but trouble..at my bachelor party, she was in the movie!

Why just the other day she told me she wants to have sex in the car, and she wants me to drive!

That's the trouble "No respect at all!

Sure going to miss him.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm at the age, I want 2 girls at the same time. This way if I fall asleep they have each other to talk to.

My wife..she can't cook. We left dental floss in the kitchen..the roaches hung themselves.

At my house we pray after we eat!

The flies chipped in to fix the screens!

I got the only dog that begs for alka-seltzer.

My dog he's no bargain either! He likes to go on the paper. The last time I was reading it!

·
Registered
674 Posts
" I walked into Mcdonalds , they told me i didn't deserve a break today."

I remember that line from the first time i saw Rodney on T.V. and i never forgot it.
I'll miss you Rodney , you were one of the very best of all time.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I think the best compliment is we are all sitting on computers retelling his jokes. I've never seen that one before.

I think he said it with the line "I get no respect" Rodney I think these guys all respect you, We plain love your style.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
He unfortunatley had a very sad life, and his humor was his release. If you ever read his auto biography, you will be blown away from the things he had to overcome. His dad left early and his mom hated him and ignored him. He was subject to molestation/homosexual activity to seek attention he never got at home. He didnt really get along with his kids as well...
One of his last interviews were with Howard Stern, and it was a sad one at that....

He will be missed regardless...

Ducati

1 - 15 of 15 Posts