Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
SWEEETTTTT tractor. Kinda a grand Pappy to my Ingersolls. Would look REAL nice in my garage:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Galva, IL is not really that far away from me. If someone wants to buy this tractor, have me pick it up, and store it at my place until they can pick it up later, I do have room in my implement shed. As much as I like the looks of this one, I have enough to do with my Bolens'.:riding: :riding:

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Nice tractor! And looks very well maintained.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Lp where in Illinois? I live around Ottawa. And actually I was just out in Galva the other day at Ed's Lawn and Garden pickin up some parts for the 644 and saw it. Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by case644
Hey Lp where in Illinois? I live around Ottawa. And actually I was just out in Galva the other day at Ed's Lawn and Garden pickin up some parts for the 644 and saw it. Looks pretty good.
TOO MUCH!! I live over in the LP area (get it? LPBolens?). Try out near Troy Grove, actually. And I shop frequently at Farm & Fleet in Ottawa! Was down in Streator last weekend, looking at some Allis-Chalmers/ Simplicity tractors, and idly wondering if starting on a different line of tractors was a good idea, Yeah, I've got it bad.:confused: :riding: :riding:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow that's cool. yeah I frequent the Farm and Fleet often, Prolly have crossed paths and don't even know it:D. What a small world ths is. I actually live in Serena. How long have you been out in this area? If your ever out arond Galva you should stop in at Ed's L&G. He sells Snapper, Ingersoll and pretty soon Toro and Lawnboy. He actually has a 316 for sale and I believe a 4018. Real nice guy. Yeah I been scouting for another tractor myself.Found an 8n w/ loader for sale up in Waterman that i was gonna check out at least I think it's an 8n, didn't get a real close look. It's amazing how one good tractor bites ya injects hat tractor venom and then it just takes hold of ya!!!!!:furious:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moved out here in '88 for a job and never left. After growing up in Maine, which is essentially rural or worse, the mid-state IL area seemed pretty great (and normal) to me, and Chicago ain't far if I want a taste of big city life. :D Of course, it's not for everyone. They do roll the sidewalks up at sundown, except over at the Peru Mall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts