Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is almost one year to the day that I purchased my current Coleman Powermate Model PW0933501 pressure washer from The Stateline Power Store online. I will have to say that I got one heck of a deal at $749 with free shipping. Unfortunately, it appears that Stateline Power is no longer in business or at least I could not find them on the internet any longer. Also, BIG kudo's and huge thanks goes out to GreenMtnMan for alerting me to this bargain! We both purchased our pressure washers a year ago and I am sure Ken can write a great review on his as well.

Coleman Powermate Model PW0933501 Pressure Washer

Since I have written initial reviews of this pressure washer when I first recieved it; I will post those reviews and the 1 year follow up here so there is a cronological sequence with appropriate edits and changes.

June 19, 2003

I got the pressure washer today. Put it all together, added oil to the engine and pump, assembled everthing and it started on the 2nd pull. Makes awesome pressure and volume of spray. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the Robin engine. Had the appearance and materials every bit as good as a Honda and ran reasonably quiet. Has a huge muffler on it. Gas tank holds over 5 gallons. It came with a stainless Italian made wand, 8 spray nozzles, 50 feet of good looking quality hose, 10 inch wheels and pneumatic tires, and pretty fair quality manuals. It has an AR brass pump which surprised me. They are fairly good quality pumps and have a good reputation. They delivered it to me in 2 days via Fedex Frieght. I got the Bill of Lading # and ran it with Fedex and contacted the dispatcher to let them know I would be home and coordinate a pickup point. I met the truck driver out in front of my house with the tractor. The washer came banded to a sturdy pallet which also impressed me! I was expecting a tore up punctured box that had been thrown around. It was in perfect condition . The driver pushed the box and pallet which was around 240 lbs. into the loader bucket with his pallet jack, I secured it with a rope and off we both went. Both happy campers. I ran it for about a 1/2 hour to break the engine and pump in under low pressure. The only thing I don't like about the unit is that it has no throttle for me to throttle the engine back to cool things off when I am done. I hate to shut an air cooled engine down from wide open throttle. Other than that, I give this pressure washer the "Tractor Forum BEST BUY 5 Star" rating! ;o) It is not the top of the line but for the money spent, it is a really nice pressure washer. Stateline was a pleasure to deal with as well.

June 22, 2003

Just a follow up to the follow up. I have put about 3 hours on the pressure washer so far. I changed the oil in the engine today since it was looking dirty and very fine metalic particles suspended in it. I cleaned my 4410 with it today and it works great!!! I will put a few more hours on it before I change the pump oil. The engine starts easy (usually with in 2 pulls. The hose, pressure wand, nozzles are all very good quality and work well. Heck, I have been looking for things to pressure wash around here!

November 2, 2003

Just a follow up on my pressure washer. I have used it for about 20 hours so far and it works great! I have done 2 oil changes on it. (probably over kill) The 1st oil change showed the expected fine metalic particles and the 2nd looked much cleaner. I changed the oil in the pump yesterday and I am glad I did. It was really dirty looking oil that came out with the expected fine metalic particles. Any of you who purchased a pressure washer recently (Ken) may want to take a look at changign the oil in the pressure washer pump. My pump called for straight nondetergent 30W oil. I purchased some 30W air compresser oil at Walmart to do the change with. Ken, I can't thank you enough for the tip on the pressure washer. I still have not seen them anywhere for near that price.

June 12, 2004

During the Fall, I painted my house exterior and used the pressure washer for cleaning the paint surfaces and removing old loose paint. It worked great. I used the wide pattern 45 degree nozzle and turned the pressure way down to reduce the possibility of damaging the wood. I put a total of about 30 hours on it the first season and have nothing but great things to say about it. I winterized it and stored it in my garage until yesterday. This is an important point. I changed the oil on the engine and the pump as well as turned the engine over with the pull rope slowly with the ignition switch off to expell any water left in the pump. If water freezes in the pump, the pump is toast, I cannot emphasise this enough. I also filled the gas tank with gas treated with Stabil and ran it through the system for the last job I did with it prior to winterizing.

Yesterday I pulled the pressure washer out of the garage, hooked up the hose, purged the hoses and pump of any air, and she fired up on the 4th pull. I used it for about 3 hours cleaning all of my mowing/cutting equipment, pickup truck, and trailer. I am still amazed at how little fuel this engine uses! It burned maybe a gallon by my estimate in the 3 hours I ran it yesterday. I am VERY impressed with the Robin Subaru engine and rate it in the same class as Honda engines. VERY good quality and workmanship, excellent performance, and a miser with fuel. The AR performs VERY well and I like the adjustable pressure feature that allows the pressure to be adjusted up or down by turning the pressure adjustment knob on the pump. The pump has provisions for a syphone pickup hose to draw soap solutions through the pump. I have found that using the pressure washer to clean up the Sea Ray make the job SOOOOOOOOO much easier although a bit of caution and common sense must be applied to keep the nozzle distanct back and the pressure reasonable. It works great to clean up the 4410 and makes cleaning the underside of the mower decks a much easier task. Anyhow, I am starting a second season with this pressure washer and could not be more satisfied with it. For the price and what you get; this is a fantastic deal. As I said earlier, Stateline Power is no longer on the net but you can buy this pressure washer from Homier at an even better price of $699. Sorry, no free shipping but if you can get to one of their sales locally you can save on the shipping.

Coleman Powermate 3500 Pressure Washer

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With Father's Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to "subtley mention" a pressure washer would be real nice for Father's Day. :D ;) At least it worked for me last year! :furious: :lmao: :furious: :lmao: :furious: :lmao: :cowboy: :spinsmile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts