Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up around 6 A.M.,glanced over at the outside temp.,-6 oh baby its cold in N.E.PA. Glad Iwent over all the tractors and beefed up the antifreeze .Iceskating on the pond today, no doubt.

Randy

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
-9 in eastern NY. Plus I just had to open all the windows in the house. Started a fire, and it back drafted BIG time. I HATE when that happands.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It only got down to the low 30s here and its about 45deg now:smiles:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
It only got down to the low 30s here and its about 45deg now:smiles:
Jody
I didn't realize it got that cold in the deep south. How often does it do that during the winter?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats about average lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s. If one of then Canadians leaves the door open it can sometimes get in the teens.:smiles:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Thats about average lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s. If one of then Canadians leaves the door open it can sometimes get in the teens.:smiles:
Jody
Dam that's cold for there Jody. What do you have for a heating plant?

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Cold ride

My youngest son went on vacation to Vegas and left his car with me. Yesterday afternoon I decided to drive it to work,bad move.I drove the 20 miles home this morning with no heat,something must have frooze.Working today, driving my pick-up.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: Cold ride

Originally posted by slipshod
My youngest son went on vacation to Vegas and left his car with me. Yesterday afternoon I decided to drive it to work,bad move.I drove the 20 miles home this morning with no heat,something must have frooze.Working today, driving my pick-up.
Could be a low coolant level.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
argee

You may be right ,but I am don't going to find out til it warms up.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: argee

Originally posted by slipshod
You may be right ,but I am don't going to find out til it warms up.
I hear ya on that one. Let the youngest son find it when he gets home.:smiles: It might also be a stuck thermostat or no thermostat.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I don't think

That he has enough anti-freeze in it, because the temperaure spiked once on the gauge. Then it was at normal level all the way home,just no heat. I am thinking frozen heater core. I just hope nothing is broken. It was at - 7 when I started home.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by admin
heating plant? A couple extra blankets and central heat... :D

Andy
And my gas fire place it heats the whole house:smiles:
Jody

1 - 16 of 16 Posts