• Landscape Rake

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pine Straw Tine Rake or Landscape Rake - Looking for Advice

I am trying to decide on a rake to rake up cutting on my small pastures. I am unable to burn this year so I am going to shred and rake the clippings before planting native grasses. I am curious if the tine rake will pick up the clippings well. I am also consider the more heavy duty landscape rake, but there I am concern it will be too stiff and not pick up in low areas. Th pasture surface is very uneven.

I am looking at both 3 point attachments on the Titan site. I know some have had issues with Titan customer service, but I've had good luck with them. I've had to be persistent, but they have eventually come through.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
As long as it had the coil spring tines, I would go with the pine straw rake unless you have a lot of rocks and tree limbs in the area that you will be raking.......Either that or if you have a neighbor or someone that you know that has a hay rake see if you can use that......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it had the coil spring tines, I would go with the pine straw rake unless you have a lot of rocks and tree limbs in the area that you will be raking.......Either that or if you have a neighbor or someone that you know that has a hay rake see if you can use that......
Thanks for responding. The issue I am concerned about is that the clippings are a lot shorter than pine needles. As you may know, hay is usually cut with a hay cutter and not a shredder. the hay cutter leaves long grass stems, etc. I may go with the pine straw tine rake since I also need to clear pine needles for a fire break. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It depends on how low you can set the hay rake to........Some can be set very low.....Maybe close enough to do the job, not sure......
If you are going to replant with native grasses anyway, why not just kill off what is there, then till it up and replant what you want there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts