Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past week or so there have been several questions about pressure washers come up . I came across this article which has a LOT of good information and discussion on the various components and how they work. I though you all might be interested in it as well. Father's day is just around the corner and I will be writing a review of the Coleman pressure washer I got for Father's day last year. Hope this article helps to answer some question and help the decision making easier.

Choosing the Best Pressure Washer to Purchase

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What about the ability to push soap through the high pressure pump. It this available on the cheaper consumer models now?

My 5 or 6 year old Generac only soaps in low pressure mode (bypassing the pump). It has been a reliable unit that is rated at 2300 psi and 2.9 GPM. I've really been impressed with the 6 HP B&S Inteck motor. It always starts easily.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Coleman Powermate I have draws the soap into the pump and runs it under full pressure. I am sure there must be other models that are similar. Most times I end up spraying the soap solution directly with a pump spray bottle so it can soak in and then pressure wash it off.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
What about the ability to push soap through the high pressure pump. It this available on the cheaper consumer models now?

My 5 or 6 year old Generac only soaps in low pressure mode (bypassing the pump). It has been a reliable unit that is rated at 2300 psi and 2.9 GPM. I've really been impressed with the 6 HP B&S Inteck motor. It always starts easily.

mow thats exaclty the problem i was having with my CH 2300 washer.. low pressure barely spread anything...

Cambel hausfeld came out with a super soaker lance to allow high pressure soaping.. plus the soap goes around the motor so you dont have to worry about using bleach or anything that might harm the motor..

cost 39$ chpower.com

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Thanks for the link Chief! I just posted a question over in Chipmakers review on this very topic. This will help. :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by memmurphy
Thanks for the link Chief! I just posted a question over in Chipmakers review on this very topic. This will help. :thumbsup:

Mark
Glad I could be of help. That is what this place is all about! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
Thanks s_j. I found it on the link and I'm seriously considering getting one.
mow before you waste your money on it.. wait a week or so.. i ordered one.. ill let you know how it works..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts