Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working very hard on cleaning up my place and I have an old Chevy Pickup Body no engine or transmission but the rest is all there for anyone to take. It is 30 miles north of Austin Texas. No Title but I will give you a recipt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
That pickup has the same sheet metal as my old 66 Chevy 30 series panel truck. Those half fenders and hood and the roof etc are identical. At least the door handle still shines:D

Does it have a radio? Got to have a radio, no pickum up truck is complete without it having a radio, weather it has an engine or tranny or not, it has to have a radio!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I does have a Radio

It has a 2 watt mono AM, you can just hear the hiss and weezing during the "King Edward Cigar Radio Show". ;)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It looks like a 65 i had a 66 and it looked just like that but had reverse lights on the rear fenders. The 65 didn't have them but it could be a 64 too.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
You know, up here in my parts, thats a pretty fine, restorable truck. I REALY need to move south................

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Re: Yes I does have a Radio

Originally posted by Wingnut
It has a 2 watt mono AM, you can just hear the hiss and weezing during the "King Edward Cigar Radio Show". ;)
Good deal then, thats just the kind of radio that should be standard equipment in all vehicles today.......so each can listen to their own channel instead of having to listen to that 2000watt crap someone else is paying in the car alongside of you with the windows rolled up. Of coarse FM wold be a bit better, but find myself listeing more to the AM side today as thats where all the interesting talk shows are at.

IIRC its that raised portion on the rear of the roof panel that sets the earlier models off from the 64 to 66 models. The 64 and up were on the same plane instead of being raised at the rear portion.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I also think that model had the wooden pickup bed floor in it. (giveaway is all that sunlight illuminating the underside behind the rear wheel, but all the pickups I have seen of GM origian all had wooden beds with steel skid rails, which IMHO were great. May of gotten ratty looking with use, but they seemed to hold up extremely well if taken care of. I had the Longhorn series panel truck in the 30 series, that was sort of the forerunner of todays long chassis surburban, and it also had a wooden floor. Tjhose were some mighty fine trucks in their day....62 to 66 GMC and Chevy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No free shipping sorry

It was a part of another project we had a 1962 restored. We picked this one up for $25 from a locate farmer because it did have a transmssion we needed. It has all the body and the glass is good and yes it did (it's not there anymore) have a wooden bed.

It is very restorable, I wish the highschooler around would be interested in fixin these old trucks up. They want instance gratification and don't want to take the time to restore a car or a truck! When I was in Highschool the Ag class restored a sweet 1952 Dodge Pickup and Raffled it off and made 7 grand. The school not interested in doing that anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts