Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd do the "buy it now" now. $400?!?! On that like white on rice, me. Smells fishy tho'. Too cheap & too 'limited'.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea i would say its a scam. A buy it now price at $400. and the restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only. Thats usually a tell tell sign. No one in there right mind would sell that for $400.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
OK I see what you guys are looking at. If you look in the header the buy it now is $4000.00 That's what I saw before and thought it was normal. The $400 might be a mistake in the posting of the auction.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The 'owner' has bought or sold nothing but gaudy jewelry & tacky clothes to date, so this looks like she may have been a victim of a phishing scam. Especially curious is the willingness to ship worldwide. I could be wrong, but this is just too odd.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
what i see is a woman selling a what ? 2-3 year old cub cadet -- for what 2/3rds of new retail when bought/ my wife's sisters live in bellevue -- they buy tacky jewelry and crap alot -- maybe one of them m-- ha-- bigl

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is the response I got from my e-mail:

Dear customer,

I am glad that you are interested about my CUB(2003). I want to let you know that the price with shipping included is $4000.I am in Greece and the shipping will be made from here.All the manuals and the original documents are in English.The buyer will receive this along with all papers and recipts that he needs to register it in his name.He will receive the TITLE, keys,owner manual.It has a Clear Title and it is in Showroom Condition.Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo and FedEx and it will take no more then 3-4 days. Also, I have to let you know that I want to close the deal in a safe way by a third part were I am affiliated and this is eBay Square Trade.I have a a purchase protection account for $10000 at eBay Square Trade. If you want to close the deal with me please send me YOUR NAME, SHIPPING ADDRESS AND USER ID IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL.I will contact Square Trade and let them know that you want to buy and i want to sell it to you. And they will mail you and inform you with all necesary information about my protection account and how the transaction will go.

Let me know if this is ok with you,so that we can move forward with this deal!

Regards!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
ÁðïêôÞóôå ôçí äùñåÜí óáò @yahoo.gr äéåýèõíóç óôï Yahoo! Mail.

Greece ??? Sounds a little fishy to me. When I went to check on the item this morning I got this:

Invalid Item
The item you requested (4334765303) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available

Either someone bought BOTH, yes they were selling 2 of the same model, tractors or something was fishy.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It was a scam:smoking: When ebay finds out about it they shut it down and you get that message. If some one buys it it still shows for awhile.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
If some one buys it it still shows for awhile.
Yea, I remembered that after I posted the message and didn't have time to correct myself. I'll probably be getting one of those "Your account will be suspended if you don't up date your information" e-mails soon. No bother, it will get sent off to eBay as soon as it comes in. nodeal

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had forwarded the auction to ebay fraud and just as I assumed
ebay notified the real owner of the account and they had no idea
about the auction.
he wanted your ebay user name so he could send a fake square trade email to you then your supposed to feel fine about sending him a wire transfer NOT!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts