Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have a steel crisis and steel is in short supply this may be a good thing if CAT's Union Strikes. CAT will not have to lay them off because of short supplies of Steel. Then CAT can shift their steel supplies to their outsourcing companies that make CAT the higher profit items. JD will benefit from the strike because they need the steel to make their 17% increase in combine sales.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I am starting to hear bits and pieces of how scrap steel prices are going up too. Guess I better take a look at all the junk farm equipment laying around. ;) :D Might be worth more than I though it was.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
A strike authorization does not mean anything but that the union has the albility to call a strike if the membership votes down a contract offer that is not acceptable to the MEMBERSHIP (the workers in the union decide that). Generally speaking most union contracts are accepted and this is just a step in the process to a new contract for the next number of years. A strike authorization is required by the law and has to fair and open with observers from the company and a lot times by someone independent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts