EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Mean looking

That looks mean looks like it can out work anything that size.:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I'm a Deereowner, but I can change. That is one sweet looking piece of machinery!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't wait to get one myself. At the price they will sell for we will probably not have enough supply to meet the demand.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
The impression I get then its going to be cheap if your thinking demand is gonna overcome supply issues. That would be good. What $$$$ is cheap ;-)

Makes you wonder, if CAT can build a small engine like that for a Cub why were or what was the problem with the CAT powered GMC and Chevy pickup trucks that GM had stated was coming. Last I heard CAT had problems getting the engine small enough to be able to be installed in a 3/4 ton pickup, so GM opt'd to go with their Duramax (Isuzu) diesel instead. Nothing wrong with an Izusu by any means, but I sure would like a CAT powered pickup myself. (dream on Roy, dream on)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding about these new Cat engines is that Cat purchased a company that built these engines a few years ago. I just can't remember who it was, but they also (CAT) own a company named ASV that builds rubber track style loaders ( and believe me they are fun to operate, wish I had one) that use these same engines. Nice engines. The new 5000 series models with four wheel drive ag tires and a Dahatsu Diesel ( partly owned by Toyota) engine are going to sale for $ 8499.95. More details as they unfold.

·
Registered
977 Posts
if money were no object it would have to be a udlx minni. something new just wouldn't look right in my yard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts