Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a Casec1965 530ck, with the 2 cylinder set up. The issue it has when you turn all the way to the left to the stop it over pressures and kicks the steering wheel back violently and if hand or fingers in wrong place it can be painful. Turing to the right has no problem, you can turn to the stop and hold it as long as you wish. I am thinking a relief valve issue, but am not sure and can't seem to find good repair information. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ran across this same problem with an old '65 dodge that my Uncle Owned. You may have a bad power steering hose with deteriorating "Inner Hose" that is clogging up the spool valve and/or pressure relief valve ports. Fixing this will require a complete disassembly, cleaning and re-assembly along with new hydraulic fluid. Take your time and pay attention to the details as you disassemble the power steering. Cleaning with NEW fluid is also a good thing to do as, other chemicals may deteriorate seals. A roll of Lint Free wipes will be your best tool.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I contacted Roland Jackson, owner of Jackson Power Steering Inc., regarding your problem. Roland specializes in hydrostatic power steering systems. Here is what he said:

"I am not sure why the jerking of the steering wheel. One thing you might try is to put in an adjustable relief valve. This is the relief valve that I would recommend. Not sure that it would fix the problem...but certainly worth a try.

Keep me updated. I would love to visit about it...call me at 620-357-6546."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts