Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys...I have 1952 Case SC with eagle hitch and rear remotes...I have drained all fluids and need to know the best brand of trans,differential and hydraulic fluids to use and the correct
grade of fluids to use..i have an operators manual but have misplaced it...tractor is completely
restored and the fluid changes are the last on my list...any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
Jimmy

·
790 Posts
Hey Jimmy . A universal tractor fluid (UTF) will do the trick for all your compartments except for the engine. Engine oil must go there. You can find it at your local tractor supply store, some Walmart's, farm supply stores . Price range of 75$ a bucket to 200$ a bucket so shop around.
Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jimmy . A universal tractor fluid (UTF) will do the trick for all your compartments except for the engine. Engine oil must go there. You can find it at your local tractor supply store, some Walmart's, farm supply stores . Price range of 75$ a bucket to 200$ a bucket so shop around.
Good luck
hi..thanx for the response...so this will work for hydraulics and for the trans and differential correct?...what grade of fluid do I use?

·
790 Posts
UTF is a multi purpose oil. It meets the grade for all compartments. All you have to do is decid if you want synthetic oil or regular oil. Personally I go for the regular stuff. Synthetic is to expensive for my blood. I always keep a pail on hand to top off the reservoirs. If you have power steering you can use it in that system also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
While UTF is fine in most applications... Go with SAE-75W oil in the trans/differential and SAE-40W for the engine. For Power Steering and Hydraulics... Use N-22 Hydraulic Oil. N-22 is a Mineral Oil based lubricant... so if you get a leak, it is Mineral Oil, so easy to clean up and not as bad an environmental problem as other lubricants can be.

Good Luck!... and upload pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts