Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all,

So here it is I finally picked up that splitter. It is a Model J31 and was wondering if anyone had an owners manual for it?

Freakin thing feels like it weighs a ton!!!! Anyway Looks to be pretty stright forward as far as use but would like to see if anybody had a copy anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Glad to see you got it!:)

If it is anything like mine, ya it DOES weigh a TON. I have mine on my small 224, and the front gets WAYYYYYYYY light. You probably will not have a problem with your loader tractor though. No manuals here, but do you have any pictures? How does it hook up to the tractor? Maybe the manual I posted for my j34 may have some info you can use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

Pretty much the same but is a typical splitter only splitting on the down stroke of the piston unlike yours which splits both ways. Looks to attach the same as the 34 but am a little concerned about hooking it to the 3 pt. Since the 3 point is already about 18" off the back of the tractor adding all that weight scares me a little. Think I might make somehting to haul it around on instead of relying on the 3 pt. What do you think? Also will hopefully have some pics by tomorrow.

Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a J32 log splitter a few months ago and have attached it to my 3pt on my case 646. No problems. I have a weight box attached to my 3 pt. hitch adapter filled with 6 - 50 pound pigs of lead and the tractor/3pt has performed well. i don't think you should worry about it. Remember these tractors will built tough and the splitters were made for them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thanks Pridero! and welcome to the forum. If you get a chance could you take a pick of ur splitter on ur 3 pt and post it? Thanks again.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts