1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Case IH JX75 will not start

Discussion in 'Case / Farmall - International Harvester' started by Tim Stoughton, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Tim Stoughton

Tim Stoughton New Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I am not having a good week with my two tractors. Farmall 95 gas tank leaking and now my JX75 will not start. I can get it to start by jumping the starter, so I not that is not the issue. I have checked the switch attached to the clutch pedal and it seems to be functioning. My question is how many other safety switches can prevent the tractor from starting and where are they located (can't seem to locate any other switches)? Thanks!

2. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I don't know off hand what switches you may have, but I do have a DX45.
    1) There is a switch / button under my seat that needs to be depressed when operating/ starting the tractor. I've had trouble with it pushing through it's mounting hole, and freezing solid in the winter
    2) There should be a switch activated by the brake pedal so the tractor won't start unless the park brake is applied or the brake is depressed.
    3) There should be a neutral switch to keep the tractor from starting in gear.
    4) There should be a switch to prevent the tractor from starting with the PTO engaged.
    So either check your manual for locations and other switches, or have a look at levers and pivot points that they have for a location of the safety switches. There should be some tell tale wires to lead you to the culprit!

3. marc_hanna

marc_hanna Registered User

Apr 10, 2017
  4. Tim Stoughton

Tim Stoughton New Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. Still trying to figure this thing out.

5. Tim Stoughton

Tim Stoughton New Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Would it still start by jumping it at the starter solenoid if it was bad?