Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an '85 Case IH 235H that came with a front mount snowblower which I've never used but want to. I'm stuck right now trying to get the front pto pulley to engage. The switch on the dash has been buggered with by a previous owner, so I'm thinking I may need to replace it and run fresh wires to the clutch. Where the heck do the wires connect to the clutch? The only wire in the vicinity of the clutch is a ground wire screwed to the frame, running up to the switch on the dash. I've looked and felt around the clutch as much as I can and there's just nothing there. The shop manual doesn't show anything about the pto clutch itself, just the switch.

Sorry if this first post sounds rude. I'm exasperated and winter is coming. (to northern Ontario)

·
Registered
147 Posts
The e-pto should have a two wire (+-) pigtail or a quick connector attached. You should also be able to apply B+ & B- to confirm electromagnet switch function.
If no pigtail or fixed connector, you need to replace the clutch assembly unless you can salvage the unit by taking it apart and rectifying the wiring access.
Schematic Rectangle Font Parallel Floor plan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The e-pto should have a two wire (+-) pigtail or a quick connector attached. You should also be able to apply B+ & B- to confirm electromagnet switch function.
If no pigtail or fixed connector, you need to replace the clutch assembly unless you can salvage the unit by taking it apart and rectifying the wiring access. View attachment 82354
Thanks for the response. That's the same schematic I have. Weird that they don't show the actual pto clutch. I'll have to find some way to get a look at the hidden area above the pto clutch, but still, there are no wires coming or going other than that one ground wire.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree, even if the e-pto was optional, I think it should've been shown. The wiring from switch to the e-pto is simply pos & neg, activated safety switches power up the PTO switch. You can ohm the posts on the switch, in on position, to identify them easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts