Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping one of you fine folks can help me with a few questions. I have a 2014 Case 40C and have had several regen issues. I am considering trying to "tune" the tractor if the dealer can't get it fixed this go round. Its out of warranty and all out of pocket. It won't complete a regen. Not sure its even starting it but its trying to. Dealer has replaced burner, etc. Next step is new ECM. Anyway, in my research on ECM's, I noticed that the same engine/frame/etc is used in the 50C model of the same year (these are both non-turbo). I also noticed that the Case SR160B skid loader and the Case Farmall 60 utility tractor uses the same engine except turbo charged.
Is it possible, with the right equipment, that my 40C could be spec'd to a 50C with nothing more than an ECM program?
Second, if I do have to "tune" the tractor, are there HP gains to be had by stripping out the DPF and replacing it with a straight pipe?
Third, what is the chance/possibility that I could install the IHI turbo that was designed for that engine to try and squeak out that extra 20 hp?
This may be a dumb idea, I am just thinking and hoping some of you with much more experience than me might have some answers.
Thanks.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Good Morning MM,

My guess is that you need a new ECM.

Your ideas presented above will all cost money, with no guarantee of positive results. Money pit?? If this problem continues, you might consider going back to a 1990's tractor. They're a lot simpler to work on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts