Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a Case blower on an Ingersoll with or without the conversion kit? What are your experiences or recommendations? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by ropari
Has anyone used a Case blower on an Ingersoll with or without the conversion kit? What are your experiences or recommendations? Thanks
The Case blower will fit fine on the old style [22x, 44x] Ingersolls, If you are trying on a new style, you will need the conversion kit to reverse the rotation of the blower.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
I understand the new Ingersoll mowers have the discharge on the right. What did they do different to make this happen?
The motor is swaped around on the new ones. Flywheel back, unlike the old ones that have the flywheel in the front. Sence the PTO is in the same place, the front of the tractor, it turns the other way.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
The motor is swaped around on the new ones. Flywheel back, unlike the old ones that have the flywheel in the front. Sence the PTO is in the same place, the front of the tractor, it turns the other way.
:truth:That explains it.

Thanks Paul. :smiles:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the blower on and reversed the belt by twisting it. It appears to run fine...under no load. We have not had snow here yet, but I am going to wait and try it out before buying the kit ( which replaces and moves the pulleys on the back of the blower).

I will let you all know how it works out under snow blowing conditions as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks for all the input.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
You putting it on the 446, or the 3014?? The 446 should not need to reverse the belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts