Leo

Leo here you go you dont have one of these. I think you need one.angel
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Chief
Good find caseman! Interesting post! I see the bids are up over $10,000 now. :thumbsup:
cheif, It's a far from the 40.000.00 asking price. I found out a little info on the car yhat I thought I would share.

According to a 1916 catalog the Case Forty ws only available as shown above. In fact this may not have been entirely true since automobile catologs of that time often illustrated but one model in a specific catalog.
Although the earlier model had retailed at 2300.00 this new model was priced at 1090.00. The standard finish was Brewster Green with a ivory stripe. The four-cylinder engine used a 3 5/8x6 bore and stroke. It was a L-head desigh with the cylinders cast en bloc. Even though many of the components were supplied by OEM vendors the front acle was desighned by Case, The upholstery was of grain leather and available in a choice of colors.
Taken from the 150 Years of J.I. Case by CH Wendel. I do beleive this book is available with the car listed on ebay.
caseman-d

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by caseman-d
cheif, It's a far from the 40.000.00 asking price. I found out a little info on the car yhat I thought I would share.

According to a 1916 catalog the Case Forty ws only available as shown above. In fact this may not have been entirely true since automobile catologs of that time often illustrated but one model in a specific catalog.
Although the earlier model had retailed at 2300.00 this new model was priced at 1090.00. The standard finish was Brewster Green with a ivory stripe. The four-cylinder engine used a 3 5/8x6 bore and stroke. It was a L-head desigh with the cylinders cast en bloc. Even though many of the components were supplied by OEM vendors the front acle was desighned by Case, The upholstery was of grain leather and available in a choice of colors.
Taken from the 150 Years of J.I. Case by CH Wendel. I do beleive this book is available with the car listed on ebay.
caseman-d
pg 2

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts