Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to check your knowledge on some more Case tractor models. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Case 900 and the Case 900B. Will be looking forward to your replies. Hint: it's not because one has a B on the end:) :D hmmmmm :cool: :eek:mg: :confused:
Good luck
caseman-d

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
l can't tell you much because l'm not big in cases l like cases but l don't know a lot get me a Massey Q&A l will most like be able to answer it

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
900 was made in 1957 only and they had a rotary injection pump. They went from a single plunger American Bosch to a multiple plunger Robert Bosch pump. The 1958 and 59 models had the inline injection pump

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Ill go with maniac because i like is choice in avatars:Dand it sounds like he knows what hes talking about.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
900 was made in 1957 only and they had a rotary injection pump. They went from a single plunger American Bosch to a multiple plunger Robert Bosch pump. The 1958 and 59 models had the inline injection pump
farmallmaniac,

You are right except for the inline pump on the 1958 model. See the picture of my 1958 Case 900B.
caseman-d

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by caseman-d
farmallmaniac,

You are right except for the inline pump on the 1958 model. See the picture of my 1958 Case 900B.
caseman-d
You will also notice my 1957 Case 900(the one with the white spots) next to it with a rotary pump also. So when did case go to the inline pump????:) :D :) :D :) :cool:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for famallmaniac answer, Well done.
caseman-d
ps: 1959 Case 900B with inline pump.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jbetts,
Thanks, here is a picture of all three of my 900's. They appear as follows, 1958-1957-1959. The 59 with the cab had a stuck motor, I have it loose and hope to have it running this summer.
caseman-d

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
case what was that green thing next to one of the tractors. almost looked like a giant outboard:confused:
I would guess it a pump thats what it looks like to me.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by jodyand
I would guess it a pump thats what it looks like to me.
Jody
No Pump, here is a better look at it, am sure someone will recognize it.
caseman-d

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :tractorsm

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Some sort of press .
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by jodyand
Some sort of press .
Jody
All I know about it is it's a hammer Mill, its got a big hammer that drops down, Ive never seen it in action. Then in the back ground is a big powerstation engine that was used to provide power to a town 120 miles east of where I live.
caseman-d

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got a better picture of the engine? also are all these yours?
farmallmanic,
I will have to do some checking, I hope to go out to the club this week and I will try to take a few pictures of it. That the nice thing about the digital camera, easy to down load to the computer.
caseman-d

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems we got side tracked on the main topic. As farmallmanic stated the 900 was only made in 1957 which replaced the Case 600. Case actually started producing the 600 in 57 and later that changed the sheetmetal and started the 900 in the same year.

In 1958 Case introduced the B series. The B series designation was intended to differentiate between the tractors of this series and any prior tractors with the same number designation.

The 900 became a 900B, which they was to be given a new injector pump. The 900B did not get the new pump until serial number 8141036 and after. The 900B's from serial 8120001-8141036 had the rotary. This means the 900B didn't get the inline pump till sometime in 1959.

I had always thought it was mid 1958 when the 900B got the new pump. According to the parts manual it was in 1959. Some please correct me on this. Serial number on the 59's start at 8140001. Hopefully I only confussed myself on this one.:) :D
caseman-d

:spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile spinsmile :spinsmile :tractorsm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts