Tractor Forum banner

Can you name this tractor?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AlbanyBob 
#1 ·
I can't help myself, this should be a good test of even the serious collector. Can you name this tractor? I'll give you a hint, it was made in the U.K.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm gonna call AlbanyBob the winner! It is a Newman tractor powered by a Victor engine. Here is the complete description:

The Newman Light Row-crop Tractor was first manufactured by Newman Industries at Bristol in 1948. Motive power was provided by a10.5 h.p. or an optional 12 h.p. Coventry Victor air-cooled petrol engine. An improved three-wheeled Newman WD 2 with a Coventry Victor water-cooled single cylinder diesel engine appeared in 1949. The WD 2 was fitted with a single plate dry clutch and transmission was via a conventional three forward and one reverse speed gearbox. Top speed was a little under 9 m.p.h. and independent brakes were fitted. The price of the tractor in standard specification was £330, optional power take-off, belt pulley and hydraulic pulley increased the price to £420.12s. In comparison a New Ferguson TED 20 cost £335.

#9 ·
Bob!
You've won a no-expence paid one way trip to beautiful Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, where you will be dining at fabulous Maggy's Bar, home of the Saturday afternoon cock roach killing contest. Then for your evening's entertainment, you will be swilling beer with the locals at Stenger's Center City Inn and waiting in line to use the single unisex bathroom. And finally, on Sunday morning, you will have your choice of churches in which to confess the sins of your choice, before returning home. :D

Sorry but that is about the best I can do on prizes. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.