Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of cameras do u guys use to take your pictures. digital or the "old fashined" kind. I am looking for a camera that i can take pictures of some finds that i can post on this site or yesturdays tractors.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well i have a old 35mm pentex k1000 that i use for the photos that we want to print. And i have a jvc camcorder that i use for photos i put on the web.
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have a digital camera, and two 35mm cameras. I use the digital most of the time.

For what you want to do, digital is the way to go. I would recommend a 2 megapixal or better camera, with a memory stick. You will be able to download your pics directly into your PC via USB or USB2. Your camera will probably come bundled with a software editing package which should help you manage your digital pics. There are other 3rd party software apps as well.

There are many different options on the camara, memory storage, and image software. Lots of people on this site that can answer your questions, should you decide to get a new camera.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i use a hewlett packard digital camera only 2 something pixels maniac it takes good piks was only couple hundred buks but u can get thm cheaper now :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I have used an old pentax ME for years and the wife goes thru 35mm rangefinders like they are disposable- runs over them , drops into public toilets etc. - so I got her a new HP 3.3 megs difgital with a 128 megb sc digital memory card -- she likes the image viewer and likes being able to drop the card into a machine at walmart to get pix in an hour -- if you want to post easily then get a 2-3.5 megs digital camera for under 300 - a 2 megs will do fine for even under 150$ they come with cables and software for your PC most pcs made in the last 10 years will have enough memeroy and speed to support - but look at the specs on the box to be sure BEFORE you buy--if you use a film camera then you will need to convert thru a scanner bfore posting ; a digital will allow you to post directly and save to a hard drive or disc -- cheaper than film -

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol last 10 years? my computer JUST makes it lol:dazed: yeah i will have to go to best buy and talk to them but i think i will get a new puter first and prob do that as a package dealie if i can:peace:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
only BA lol thats alot for me:peace:
Look around for some internet deals, find somebody that want to sell theirs (people always want to upgrade), or check ebay. I've never bought any thing over 20 dollars on ebay, so beware of the risks.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I have a Sony 4mp digital camera and a Sony camcorder that is a HI8mm digital and also takes low resolution digital still shots and both use the same Sony memory stick media.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Not a bad price $169. and free shipping looks like a nice camera.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Well i have a old 35mm pentex k1000 that i use for the photos that we want to print. And i have a jvc camcorder that i use for photos i put on the web.
Jody
Yup, I got the old K1000 I STILL use alot, for "keeper" pictures. But the camcorder takes most of the pictures. Mines a Sony TRV740. Uses the Sony memery sticks, and takes nice pictures. PLUS having the camcorder. And having just had a kid I HAD to get one anyways.[It IS the law you know.:D ] Might as well get one that takes stills also.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
yep now i just need to scrap up a few dollars:peace:
I bought my first 35mm with my own money back in the early 70's when I was 12 or 13 years old. It was a Canon FTbn, I think it cost around 240 dollars, which was a boatload of money back then.

I had to mow a lot of yards to pay for it. So get to work, young man! army

1 - 19 of 19 Posts