Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a BX22 that got stuck in the mud and I used the backhoe to get it out. Now, I know using the backhoe could not have created this problem, but I'm wondering what I could have damaged during the ordeal to create this problem. When I turn the wheel, both front tires turn properly, but the tracot itself hardly turns at all. Do I have to call the Kubota folks and tell them I broke my tractor with 17 hours on it?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
dirty_angel
First off Welcome!! I'm not quite sure what you mean? When you turn the steering wheel from left to right the front wheels move all the way to both sides, lock to lock? And the tractor doesn't feel like it has the same turning radius as it did before the mud adventure?
Can you jack up the front end and check that nothing is bent or binding as you move the steering through it's full travel? Could it be the drag link pulled out of adjustment? Check the threads where the ball joints mount.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
dirty_angel, welcome to Tractor Forum! :friends: :cheers: Nice machine you have there. :thumbsup: I am not sure I am following you. Can you be more specific as to what exactly is taking place? From what I read and draw in my my mind is that the front steering is moving and going through the motion properly but the front tire just skid along the ground straight??? If this is the case; have you thorough inspected the under carriage of the tractor to see if you have lodged a rock or some type of debry under you tractor which may be supporting the weight of the front axle. I am not being smart but I take it that you did ensure the backhoe bucket is empty????:D ;) I say this because I am known for doing stuff like that. :D :duh: :whistle: :hide: Do you have the MMM installed? The BX22 is not the best of performers with respect to traction on rough & muddy terrain with the backhoe installed due to very little ground clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts