Tractor Forum banner

Buying tractor equipments online

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bmaverick 
#1 ·
What are your views on buying farm equipment through an online asset auction? My friends had a good experience buying at such auctions. But I don't want to depend on him to make my decision, hence doing my own research. I wish to buy some tractor equipment online.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!!
Know what you are buying. Ask questions if possible. Understand what maintenance/repairs should be expected at given hours on the meter. Anticipate to spend additional money in 1st 50hrs of ownership. I prefer to buy at closure sales(with the Hope's it was in use up til sale). Consignment sales can be hit or miss with quality...many people use these sales to unload costly repair items. It's nice to be able to kick tires..but that's not necessarily the way of the world these days. I'm not afraid to buy online...but carefull...and bid accordingly. B.

#3 ·
As you are in another country, knowing the auction facility credibility is key before even considering placing a bid. On other foreign sites in the EU, people do talk more about the action facility more than the equipment. The terms, delivery or on-site pick-up, the assistance with the purchase, and many other factors are involved.

Simple equipment like a hay rake or box-blade are easy to determine the condition from a web posting with images. Yet, rotary tillers and PTO powered equipment need actual videos from the action facility to demonstrate functionality.

Reactions: pogobill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.