Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Troubleshooter (in trouble again)
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after having taken a long break from the Forum, I have come back to share some of my exploits and experiences with you all, I have made some good friends in here and feel guilty that I haven't kept in contact. there are reasons.
Why Butterfly Ridge Farm? When Julie (my wife of 36 years) and I first pulled up on the property we were surrounded by dozens of butterfly's they hang around whenever we walk through the bush when the weather is good.
We started with a blank canvas and I will post progressive pictures as I go.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Firstly let me describe where the farm is, it is situated in the wet sclerophyll forest in the hills just east of Ballarat in Victoria, Ballarat was most famous for its gold rush in the mid 1800s, also for the civil uprising at the Eureka stockade.

I have some very old gold diggings on the property in amongst the tall slim red stringybark gum trees.
It is 11 acres sloping down to the west at about 10'. There is approx 2 acres cleared where I am building my house, and I am only doing that because the builder I engaged to do the job conned my wife into paying for "the materials' up front. A month later he went bankrupt to the tune of $4M.
So I am left with no money and I only had stumps, so I've bitten off more than I can chew and I'm chewing like hell to get it done. I am having trouble uploading pics at the moment so will get to that later.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tractor Forum mobile app

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this photo was taken not long after we aquired the property, it looks down the hill and over the bore pump house is where the house is being built.

Attachments

Reactions: RC Wells

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Tim, It's good to see you rebounding after your previous episode. Awesome to see you finally are getting to your new place, and it looks like paradise. Me and my wife are very happy for you and Julie. You'll have to keep us updated as you continue to develop your new home!

Reactions: farmertim

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
9,423 Posts
A beautiful property Tim, and a lovely house! You sure have done a lot of work. I bet you are going to give that post hole digging a rest for a while!!:D That's a lot of piers your house is sitting on! You do nice work!

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
An extreme amount of work for one person, and a great looking house in a beautiful setting, this will be something you and your wife will be very proud of in the coming years.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to see your still making dust Tim :) and thanks for sharing.
Hey Thomas nice to here from you, I will be a lot more active than I had been. So will catch up.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finished all the Weatherboards (siding) on the weekend apart from the trim around the triangular window. Now to finish the deck and move on with the verandah roof.
IMG_20181007_162433.jpeg

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tractor Forum mobile app

Reactions: pogobill and FredM
1 - 11 of 11 Posts