Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a windfall thrown in my lap. The town hired a tree contractor to clear right of ways. They had marked about ten trees in front of my farm to come down. As luck would have it I saw the highway superentenant going down the road before the crew made it to my place. I asked him if the trees that were coming down were enough to really clear the right of way, he claimed a lot of folks get mad at him for cutting any at all. The two of us went back over my frontage and marked trees. Now after I grind the stumps I will be able to mow the whole front of my farm. The final tally, I got about thirty logs for the mill and maybe 25 full cord of firewood.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Cant beat that and you didnt have to cut them:clap:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firewood

Here is the pile after three truckloads have already left. I would have started taking pictures sooner but I had a technical problem with my camera. (dead Batteries)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking the other way from the driveway

This is the view going the other way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sugar Maple

All four of these are solid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good mix

There was ash, sugar maple, honey locust, black locust, elm, and a few small black cherry.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Now you can finsh that barn with that wood.:winky:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
barn

Originally posted by jodyand
Now you can finsh that barn with that wood.:winky:
Jody
I have most of the lumber for the barn cut already. Not much got done on it this winter, it was just too darn cold for me. But spring is showing signs of arriving soon.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
work

Originally posted by johnray13
Man, you have your work cut out for you!army
That don't scare me none. I worked hard just getting the mess cleaned up. Notice no branches or debris laying around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts