Tractor Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Where do you want to meet i have some belting here at the house if you want it.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I think Slip's way of using belting is the least expensive and effective way. If you can find a farmer who is changing out his belts in his round baler; that might be a good source of belting material.

An issue with belting is that it can sometimes get caught or snagged and get ripped off if you are not careful. This is where a chain guard has an advantage but they are a LOT more expensive.

Below are some picture examples of some home made chain guards that I have come across on the internet over time. With some angle iron, steel rod, chain, and attaching hardware you can make your own but there will be some serious elbow grease involved drilling holes and cutting chain & rod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I have had both chain and belt guards on my hogs. I have never had a belt come apart or lose a chunk. I have, however, had SEVERAL links of chain come flying off! I use belting from asphalt plants, it works great and lasts forever!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
FF are you talking about conveyor belts from an asphalt plant??

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.