Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LS MT225 4x4 with a grapple & a backhoe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had to cut down & remove tons of white & water oak trees that was too close to the house. Tree company's wonted a fortune to remove or mulch it so last night was the second night of burning. I start about 0800 work till 1400 than to hot to keep going. Then start again at 1800 till I get tired. At this rate I should have it done in 3 weeks I hope. My green house will be going in this spot. Glad I put the LED light bars on.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Mrsig,

I live about half a mile off the main road. I don't dare burn at night, because people driving by see a glow in the sky from the burning brush pile and they call the fire department. The fire department comes and they are required to put the fire out. So I burn brush in the daytime.

·
Registered
2021 LS MT225 4x4 with a grapple & a backhoe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started in the day time and today will be 3 days of burning. I live way out in the woods so the only one that could see it is my neighbor and I told him.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Nice..
I live out in the country and only have volunteer fire dept..
If I wanna big burn, I have to call the forestry commission..
There’s a few towers out here that can see for umpteen miles.. so when they see smoke or there’s just a nosy neighbor, THEY call the fire dept..
So for me, it’s just easier for piece of mind to, pick up the phone and enter the address where the burn will be taking place..
So when that NOSY NEIGHBOR calls on u... they’re told they already gave permission for a burn at that address..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts