Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda bummed out today.

I went to the Dr. and was told I needed to lose a ton of weight. He wants me back in 6 months weighing 230lbs.

Blood pressure was fine, cholesterol was fine, but my knees are giving me crap and he said the weight is the reason.

He wants me to go to Weight Watchers to get the lbs off. The last thing I want to do is go sit in a room and get depressed every week.

My wife has been telling me to get my butt in shape, but with the little ones, I never get a chance to go outside and exercise. I used to play basketball, football, golf and fish. Now, all I do is sit on the couch and feed the kids.

Travelling doesn't help at all either.

I guess I won't be needing to borrow John's mixer to bake cookies!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I hear ya

i need to lose about 20# myself maybe after the holidays.
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got more than that to lose. Close to 300lbs now!!!

No wonder I feel like crap all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Sorry to hear that leo...Keep your head up. You have some tremendous people in your life that care for you and they simply want the best for you. You can always make time for the things you want to do and sometimes taking care of a Model T is just more fun than restoring your own body. Set aside some time to channel some of your amazing creativity and talent and use it to craft yourself back into shape (if that is what you most desire)

You are still really young and need to put some brakes on this train fast. Discipline yourself and make it happen. I know you have it in you to make a reality. You have tremendous pride and care in your work, now just turn that same level of concern on your own personal fitness. I am 6'3" - 205 and I used to play ball and run track in SEC --- I can tell an obvious change in just the years since then (that level of performance/training) and I too am struggling at times to balance my wants with my needs. I am back in the gym these days and it does help. Remember that it is not what others think, nor what their opinions may be --- if you are not doing this because you care for yourself and truly want to feel better, then it will not be long-lasting. It cannot be a punishment nor an act of compulsory
satisfaction for others "who seem to know what is right for you"

Retrain your thoughts and your habits --- I wish you the best, my friend.

Andy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support Andy. I have always been a big fella (close to 6'5"), but I still have to get it done. Just gotta make cuts in how I'm doing things.

Travelling kills me. Can't eat good really in an airport or hotel.

I plan on salads, etc.

Working out all the time.

gotta bring the laptop to the bike in the basement!!!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I have a weight problem.I have lost 50# and then gained 30 back I was at 300 before I started.As soon as the holidays are over im going to drop 30 again and might go for 50.Im 6.4 so 220# I would look good.

I drink slimfast morning and lunch then eat reasonable at supper.I will cut out pop or soda depending where your from. That alone will make you loose weight not drinking pop.Drink several glasses of water.Walk walk somemore and when your done walk again.

Slimfast and water and excersise it works.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I'm a chunky punk too. So we'll all sponsor each other (after the holidays of course) and get ourselves back in fighting form. Except for that skinny ass Andy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My little 5' 7" frame was up to about #230. It was all gut too. I went on a juice fast july and august, no foods ,just juice and lost 62lbs in 62 days. But, i've damaged my calf muscles by trying to exercise to much to quick and can't walk and the weight is slowly trying to come back. I felt great after the fast too. Normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar , and my teeth had tightened up so i could chew again. Might have to do it again after the the first of the year. I felt like i was in my twenties again and i'm 48.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
I'm a chunky punk too. So we'll all sponsor each other (after the holidays of course) and get ourselves back in fighting form. Except for that skinny ass Andy.
skinny Ass punk? :D ----- Wow ----- tough room. not skinny.

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Now you need to read that post a little more carefully to see what I actually said. No slam intended. For your height...205 is a great weight.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Boy, I am with you on this one. I run 6'2" and 152lbs.[down from 160 two months ago:) :) ]

I can realy feel the knee pain when I am holding my little girl, and have to bend down to pick something up. Wile the charts all say I sould be 190, I would LOVE to be down to 200. I was down to 215 for my weding in 96 and felt GREAT. Well it all came back plus some. I have been trying to change my eating habits, and the baby is realy helping a bit. Got to have good food for her, so I eat better also. Now its just a matter of losing the 60lbs. Not going to be easy.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Ok you lost me

Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Boy, I am with you on this one. I run 6'2" and 152lbs.[down from 160 two months ago:) :) ]

I can realy feel the knee pain when I am holding my little girl, and have to bend down to pick something up. Wile the charts all say I sould be 190, I would LOVE to be down to 200. I was down to 215 for my weding in 96 and felt GREAT. Well it all came back plus some. I have been trying to change my eating habits, and the baby is realy helping a bit. Got to have good food for her, so I eat better also. Now its just a matter of losing the 60lbs. Not going to be easy.
You say your 6'2" and 152#.[down from 160 two months ago:) :) ] Then you say the charts say you should be 190 then you say you would love to be down to 200. Then you say you was down to 215 for your wedding and then you say you need to lose 60#. I'm so lost i don't know where to start.
:crazy: :kookoo: SoMeOnE hElP mE iM sO cOnFuSeD.
JoDy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Dude you can get the weight off. If anything do it for the kids. I am 6'6" tall and at one point weighed 340 pounds. Today I am 235 pounds. It took me a year and half dieting and watching what I did. I am 46 years old and it was very hard to do but if I can do it, you can to (I have no will power). I did not want to end up like my father who died from the weight at the age of 51. My father was 6'8" and 405 pounds when his heart gave out. This was to bad because he never got to see his grandkids grow up.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
53 5'9' 175

Been that weight since the 10th grade. I eat well as my wife is a big time nutrition buff.I have an exercise I do at the dinner table,I call it push aways.I push away from the table before I eat everything that don't move.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: 53 5'9' 175

Originally posted by slipshod
Been that weight since the 10th grade. I eat well as my wife is a big time nutrition buff.I have an exercise I do at the dinner table,I call it push aways.I push away from the table before I eat everything that don't move.
Good advice. Life is a series of habits. Good ones and bad ones. Once you've established them, good or bad, they're hard to break. I've established more bad than good regretfully.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Re: Ok you lost me

Originally posted by jodyand
You say your 6'2" and 152#.[down from 160 two months ago:) :) ] Then you say the charts say you should be 190 then you say you would love to be down to 200. Then you say you was down to 215 for your wedding and then you say you need to lose 60#. I'm so lost i don't know where to start.
:crazy: :kookoo: SoMeOnE hElP mE iM sO cOnFuSeD.
JoDy
OPPS should have read 252, and 260. DOHHH

You probably figured that though:) :)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: 53 5'9' 175

Originally posted by slipshod

When i finish school i was 5'9" 120# then i got married and at the age of 40 i am now 190# been at that weight for the last 15 years. I would like to lose 20# but i like to eat:eat: to much:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
How about smoking do you guys smoke also?Like I do when I try to stop smoking a eat more and when I stop eating I smoke more.So im going to get across one bridge at a time lose the weight again and then maybe stop smoking or atleast slow down on them.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts