Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across these while on another forum. Anyone here know anything about them and are they available here in the USA or Canada? Looks real good in the photos, would like to see one in the "flesh" so to speak.

http://www.westwoodtractors.com/

·
Registered
207 Posts
Believe it or not, they came to the US and brought one proto type mower back in the 80's and were going to manufacture them in North Carolina. They came by the Store and we discussed the idea with them, but they just couldn't compete in the market at the price they were looking at selling them for.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slipshod,
Nice looking tractor! Looks very capable and nice paint job too. I've never seen one before, so was this the grey tractor of the 1950's - 1960's?:)

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe

I stumbled across these while on another forum. Anyone here know anything about them and are they available here in the USA or Canada? Looks real good in the photos, would like to see one in the "flesh" so to speak.
Now that's a handsome looking tractor. Nice for tight quarters with the rear discharge.

Amicks: What was their price line?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
nice tractor the V series had a pto that would run a chipper.. i requested a brochure... just curious if they'd send one to the US...

sj

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
perkins

I know that it ran sweet and I believe it is a perkins

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Westwood tractors

I talked to them last year and last year they said they do export some to Canada.They do sell them in Bremuda and most British colonies They do not make any gardening tools for it such as a tiller. They do make a chipper and power scrafer which is a power driven thatcher

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
simple_John,
I requested a brochure also! Wonder if they will send them? Wonder also if the sudden flurry of requests for info here in the US will prompt them to check out why we Americans are interested and will they consider marketing them here?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Boy they seem a little small. They are talking about working the garden, but I think they are refering to a lawn, as a garden.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a response to my request for a catalog today:

"Unfortunately, we have no facilities in the United States for distribution, sale or servicing of our products, but thank you for your interest."

No mention of Canada, but I guess they figure we Americans won't drive to another country to get parts or service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts