Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have a blown head gasket or cracked head. I had the system pressure tested and the cooling system is working properly but it has some signs --- white smoke --- higher than normal RPMs at idle (until coolant is burned off) --- coolant looks a little brown now. Of course I have 3-4 payments left on it and now it springs a $2K+ leak. I dont know what to do with it. Any ideas? Someone want to store it while I report it missing?

Andy
:furious: :furious: :furious:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Go find you a low mileage one at a junk yard and get the motor out of it. You can pick them up for a few hundred and put it in and sell it or keep it.:D
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I still have some reservations about this since is happened right after you had the dealer flush the cooling system. Sorry to hear of your bad luck Andy. You can try doing the repairs yourself but it will be very time consuming job and a fairly complicated one too. A used engine I suspect will cost much more than a few hundred dollars. Best to run the numbers both ways and see how you come out.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I almost forgot to mention a remanufactured engine. They will not be cheap either but most come with a warranty and at least you have some recourse and will have a rebuilt engine.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
You can alway try the ole' triple dose of stop leak and trade it in to the Toyota dealer that did the work on your truck? ;) :D :furious: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :clown: :clown: Just kiddin' ! :spinsmile :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a truck ---- they took my 4runner in on trade-in --- paid it off and gave me $1K towards the truck. Picked up a 2002 Tahoe LT with 22K miles. Sweet and no more problems with my 4runner having to fix. Plus the used car manager is close friend from church so I got a fabulous deal on the whole truck.

22K miles and got the 100K warranty ---- :D

Andy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Except it is a GM product!!!!!

Just kidding the Tahoe's look real nice. If they don't come out with somthing better looking than the current Expeditions I might look at the Tahoe's when it is time to trade. Congrats and enjoy!
Is it for you or the wife to drive?:driving:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me mostly --- they took my work truck back ----- it needs to be replaced with new fleet and they are wholesaling these trucks (good luck finding a buyer for them! haha) So, far now me --- but
like all new vehicles that find their way home, everyone wants to drive it.

Andy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The only bad thing about the SUV's is if you need to haul anything you can get the carpet dirty.:cry: They make some covers and even plastic bins that will fit, but I am too cheap to buy them. I just use old blankets or tarps we keep around. Enjoy!:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep just ordered complete set of Husky Liners for my truck. Front both sides, across entire floor back seat and rear cargo. Expensive but man are they worth it! :d

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts