Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of my thickness planer. 20" wide by 12 deep.
This machine works on 220 volts and has a 6.5 H.P. motor. I leave it on the four wheel dolly so it can be stored out of the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It make some shavings

This is the proceeds from three 15' 8 inch wide boards

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats a nice planer slip in that first picture in the back with the radio sitting on top of it is that a old welder or a old battery charger.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jody

That is a Marquette Welder,280 amp buzz box. That is a fine working piece of equipment. I paid $50.00 for it about 20 years ago and it was old then. Can't complain as it has never needed a thing other then electricity.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I am not liking you much!!!!!!!! You have way too many cool tools/toys!!!! I woould hate to pay your electric bill!

Just kidding that looks cool! Have you aver thought about a dust collection system? They say they are the ticket! Thanks again for the pictures!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stewart

Don't Be resentful of my collection, just kidding. It is funny for should mention a dust collecter system because I have one. When I bought the planer I also got a large dust collector.
The reason that I am not using it is because the planer is very temporary at it's present location, it is going to go into the new shop I am building and will be piped to all the woodworking machinery. My plans include a 10'x10'x10' sawdust bin that I can empty with a loader. Work on the new shop is at a stop until next week when I have a crew coming to frame and skin the roof.
OK Stewart, now you can be resentful, as I paid $600.00 for the planer, dust collector and 16 inch joiner. Sold the joiner because I already had one,I got $650.00 for it. Thought I have a picture of it but I guess not.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I thought it looked like an old welder and it still works thats great. Does it work as good as a new one i mean i know it don't have the fine adjustment's that the newer ones do but does it weld a good bead and have the penetration.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jody

The old girl works just fine. It has 18 amperes settings on it. I have not needed to fine tune my arc or penetration any more then that. My thoughts are that the machine did not get used too much even though it is dated. The technology for AC arc welding with a stick stays the same even today. Besides I have my new Mig, with the Mig my learning curve is much greater. It is proving to be completely different then sticking an arc.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Slip, that sounds like a deal to me! I like the tools but don't have a need big enough that I could justify the cost to my fianance manager. (My Wife) It must be nice to make money and still have cool toys in the shop...I can only dream! Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Re: Jody

Originally posted by slipshod
The old girl works just fine. It has 18 amperes settings on it. I have not needed to fine tune my arc or penetration any more then that. My thoughts are that the machine did not get used too much even though it is dated. The technology for AC arc welding with a stick stays the same even today. Besides I have my new Mig, with the Mig my learning curve is much greater. It is proving to be completely different then sticking an arc.
I hear you slipshod. I was never a GREAT stick welder, but could do OK, the MIG I still fight with. Getting better, but still a long way to go. Hard to let the michane control the rate if the "rod" going down. Most of my welding plans were for body panels, so realy needed one though. Granted, all I have realy used it for has been thicker steel. Got to find myself and old stick welder. Wish I stil had my dads old Hobart,but that got sold after he passed.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I saw a wire feed welder for sale here for cheap in the paper this weekend. They said it is able to be set up for MIG. What does that add to a wire feed welder?:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts