Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm kind'a new here, and well, to be honest, I'm kind'a new to tractors, but I hope to change that soon.
Wife and I just got second house +33 Ac. in east TX, I'm in the market for a 35-45 hp. compact.
I've noticed a few Branson dealers popping up, and wondered if they were a completely new brand, or a re-badged tractor, and if they have been out long enough to develop a reputation of any kind?
I was thinking that I was in the market for a Mahindra, even though many of my co-workers have Kubotas, one particularly analytical engineer decided on a Mahindra and his logic was convincing. However, after reading some reliability and service nightmares on this list, I'm rethinking that notion.
So, I was eyballin' the Bransons last weekend.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Guido in TX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guildo
I have a Dong Feng 25hp tractor that is Chinese, have had it for just under 12 months, tuff little thing.
Branson is made in Korea and also tuff, have a look at midway sale. com. au there is a lot of info there, but I here no complaints here in Australia.
John.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Take a tour of the dealers in your area and try each of the models you are considering. Most established dealers will bring a unit to you to try once you settle on the brand and model. Take advantage of that option.

Seek their advice on the tractor for your application.

One thing to keep in mind is that tractors in the size and horsepower range your are considering are the most popular and competitive units in the market with the hobby farm and small acreage owners. To be competitive the profit margins are slim. So, with low profit margins it takes a well established dealer with a broad product line to be assured you will have parts and service when you need them. And, you will need dealer service sooner or later.

For the most part both the Branson and Mahindra tractors are excellent products, but support has been spotty in most areas. If you have a shop and tools, know your way around equipment, and are willing to dig in and do the mechanical work it makes the decision much easier.

I run into guys with issues because they leave their equipment in the weather, do not perform routine service, and treat their tractors like disposable lawn mowers. They tend to be the guys with the most problems with any brand of equipment, and must rely on the dealership for service and repairs.

This is where the Kubota, John Deere and AGCO dealers excel. They sell and service the commercial farm industry, so have established service and parts departments.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
I run into guys with issues because they leave their equipment in the weather, do not perform routine service, and treat their tractors like disposable lawn mowers. They tend to be the guys with the most problems with any brand of equipment, and must rely on the dealership for service and repairs.
Or worse yet, they blame the manufacturer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bransons have been around for a while. They were called Century tractors until sometime in the mid 2000's. They are Korean made and are on par in quality to the other Korean tractors (Kubota, Kioti, LS) and of Mahindra (all of which are quite good). As with other brands, dealers vary in quality. I owned a Branson 4720CH for 6 months and 70 tractor hours and have been happy with the tractor and with my dealer support.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A name like "Saynotobranson", and 4 posts to his name, all of them slamming Branson to the hilt? I wonder if he (she) has agenda?

There is a person on another Tractor forum with the same name who made similar posts. I remember reading them when I was looking for a tractor. I see now that all those posts have been removed. I wonder if they own a Kubota dealership? I don't really like being drawn into a internet shouting match with what appears to be a troll. I'll just say my experience is nothing like their experience.

If he did indeed blow their engine after 2.6 hours and the dealer refused to participate in the repair, there must be other extenuating circumstances he is not sharing. My dealer immediately ordered and sent me a new radiator when I had overheating problems while mowing (The problem ended up being seeds being sucked into the radiator clogging air flow, I ended up returning the new radiator because it didn't need it)

My bucket lifts and curls together just fine. My interior is solid. I have even washed it out with a hose a couple of times when it gets muddy with no problems. I have never drowned mine out, and I have washed the engine a couple times already with no problems. My AC keeps me cool at 100 degrees.

Just how did he discover all these major problems in 2.6 hours of use?

If you go to other forums you see plenty of people who are satisfied with their Bransons. If you read the Kabato and John Deere posts you will find a few people that have had problems too. But problems are really fairly minimal though with any tractor these days.

The 0% financing is a sales gimmick used by almost every tractor company. It is not limited to Kubota. Go in and ask what kind of discount you can get if you pay cash. If you do the math, you will quickly see that the cash discount is equal in cost to roughly a 4% finance charge. The only difference is that if you pay the loan off the loan early you don't get of the savings.

I got quotes on several brands including Kubota before buying. No way a similar Kubota is cheaper in price to LS, Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra, even considering re-sale value. Granted, Kubota is a very good tractor, but are they a better value? It is all debatable. But if you are a multi-millionaire, why should you care?

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
A name like "Saynotobranson", and 4 posts to his name, all of them slamming Branson to the hilt? I wonder if he (she) has agenda?

There is a person on another Tractor forum with the same name who made similar posts. I remember reading them when I was looking for a tractor. I see now that all those posts have been removed. I wonder if they own a Kubota dealership? I don't really like being drawn into a internet shouting match with what appears to be a troll. I'll just say my experience is nothing like their experience.

If he did indeed blow their engine after 2.6 hours and the dealer refused to participate in the repair, there must be other extenuating circumstances he is not sharing. My dealer immediately ordered and sent me a new radiator when I had overheating problems while mowing (The problem ended up being seeds being sucked into the radiator clogging air flow, I ended up returning the new radiator because it didn't need it)

My bucket lifts and curls together just fine. My interior is solid. I have even washed it out with a hose a couple of times when it gets muddy with no problems. I have never drowned mine out, and I have washed the engine a couple times already with no problems. My AC keeps me cool at 100 degrees.

If you go to other forums you see plenty of people who are satisfied with their Bransons. If you read the Kabato and John Deere posts you will find a few people that have had problems too. But problems are really fairly minimal though with any tractor these days.

The 0% financing is a sales gimmick used by almost every tractor company. It is not limited to Kubota. Go in and ask what kind of discount you can get if you pay cash. If you do the math, you will quickly see that the cash discount is equal in cost to roughly a 4% finance charge. The only difference is that if you pay the loan off the loan early you don't get of the savings.

I got quotes on several brands including Kubota before buying. No way a similar Kubota is cheaper in price to LS, Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra, even considering re-sale value. Granted, Kubota is a very good tractor, but are they a better value? It is all debatable. But if you are a multi-millionaire, why should you care?
These are post's that I missed when I banned saynotothebransonguy. Just now deleted them and yes, he did have an agenda. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Branson Tractor

I have a Branson 8050 with only 420 hours the fuel tank started to leak. When Branson assembles them they don't put rubber between the metal straps and the plastic tank, causing it to rub and leak. The tractor was about 2 months out of warrenty and they wouldn't do any thing about it. This tractor also has a problem they can't fix with the clutch jerking. I wouldn't buy another one, they don't seem to care about there customers. Fuel tank cost me over $1700.00 to have it repaired.
Hello

I'm kind'a new here, and well, to be honest, I'm kind'a new to tractors, but I hope to change that soon.
Wife and I just got second house +33 Ac. in east TX, I'm in the market for a 35-45 hp. compact.
I've noticed a few Branson dealers popping up, and wondered if they were a completely new brand, or a re-badged tractor, and if they have been out long enough to develop a reputation of any kind?
I was thinking that I was in the market for a Mahindra, even though many of my co-workers have Kubotas, one particularly analytical engineer decided on a Mahindra and his logic was convincing. However, after reading some reliability and service nightmares on this list, I'm rethinking that notion.

Guido in TX

·
377 Posts
LouNY

I have an 8050, and I have had a few problems with it my dealer seems to be working on them. Last winter it would not start when it was cold. It would make about 2 revolutions and just quit cranking, it didn't matter what charger or booster cables i tried it just didn't want to start till I'd tarp over it and run a salamander heater on it. This winter I switched to synthetic engine oil and cen-pe-co for the hydraulics and tranny, to the other poster complaining about the clutch operation, it does not have a normal clutch disk, it is a multi plate wet clutch one for forward and a separate one for reverse, the "clutch" pedal has only a rheostat on it to engage the selected clutch pack, the "clutch" feel is much better now with the cen-pe-co oil in it. And its starting much better, tomorrow morning will be the test forecast is -2 F.
I have also ordered a couple of frost plugs for the motor to see if I can get a block heater into it, lower radiator hose heater isn't working for it and not much room for a tank heater.
Overall it has been a good tractor a few quirks, but they all do.
Lou

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the input on the cen-pe-co oil I will give it a try. The dealer was told to use John Deer hydrolic oil because Branson said it is the same trany. that they use, but that didn't fix the problem. I live in Ontario Canada it is cold here and my tractor starts well with the block heater

·
377 Posts
Morning;
With you being in the cold and having good starting, you say you have a block heater, do you know which frost plug it was put in. My 8050 wouldn't start yesterday morning a t -12F (-24C). It tried and actually fired then the cold put the fire out.
I put the battery charger on and the lower radiator hose heater for about 3 hours, (I had it parked a bit different then normal so that the left front was tipped up a bit) then I saw the other problem with the lower radiator hose heater the temperature sensor for the intake manifold heater thought the motor was warm and would only cycle on for a few seconds, I had to cycle the key repatedly to get manifold heat into then she fired up good.
I have ordered a couple of 40mm frost plug heaters and a couple of frost plugs from my dealer, in case when I remove a frost plug I can't get a heater in the hole.
My dealer has never installed frost plug heaters in the Bransons, and Branson USA is about totally useless, I sent them an email a few months ago requesting info and optional equipment for cold weather starting, there has been absolutely no response from them to me and to my dealer just that no else has that problem. I know that Korea gets cold so they must have had some experience with cold weather starting.
So while I am mostly pleased with my tractor, I have absolutely nothing good to say about Branson USA.
Lou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Guido in TX
Ok I just paid cash for a 25 hp with the loader and I am completely amazed at the power look a Branson 25 hp will out do a mahindra 40 hp I know this because a guy was trying to get out from under his mahindra his words was he was sick if it Branson all steel not the head lights lol I’m telling you they have Cummins motors they will not be beat James bates Huntsville Alabama.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I've had a 3510 i branson with a bl10 loader for 15 years I've abused that poor little tractor I wish there was a branson dealer less than 100 miles away from me my poor 3510 blew a head gasket and has a cracked head wondering fix or buy a new one branson has in that class which now is the 3515 h upgrade from shuttle shift heaviest tractor by weight highest lift cap at loader highest lift capacity at 3 point compared to any other brand in that category and hp tractor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bransons have been around for a while. They were called Century tractors until sometime in the mid 2000's. They are Korean made and are on par in quality to the other Korean tractors (Kubota, Kioti, LS) and of Mahindra (all of which are quite good). As with other brands, dealers vary in quality. I owned a Branson 4720CH for 6 months and 70 tractor hours and have been happy with the tractor and with my dealer support.
Starter went out of my Branson at 580 hours. Still waiting on warranty replacement starters. Front differential throws out a quart of oil a day through breather. Clutch started slipping on second day and continues to get worse. My neighbors new Deere had five oil leaks when they unloaded. Warranty repaired all but three thousand dollars worth of it. I paid cash for a New LS. When the head gasket started leaking I sent it in for warranty repair. A couple weeks later I called the dealer to check on it. They told me I was not a customer of theirs and that my parents spoiled me. My tractor disappeared without a trace. A cop told me it probably had been stolen from an other dealer and since I paid cash they figured they would unload it on me. My emails to LS manufacturer were never returned. Found later that dealer had pulled the same stunt on a lot of other people.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Starter went out of my Branson at 580 hours. Still waiting on warranty replacement starters. Front differential throws out a quart of oil a day through breather. Clutch started slipping on second day and continues to get worse. My neighbors new Deere had five oil leaks when they unloaded. Warranty repaired all but three thousand dollars worth of it. I paid cash for a New LS. When the head gasket started leaking I sent it in for warranty repair. A couple weeks later I called the dealer to check on it. They told me I was not a customer of theirs and that my parents spoiled me. My tractor disappeared without a trace. A cop told me it probably had been stolen from an other dealer and since I paid cash they figured they would unload it on me. My emails to LS manufacturer were never returned. Found later that dealer had pulled the same stunt on a lot of other people.
Reads like you were "taken to the cleaner".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts