1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Branson block heater

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by dieseldanf350, Jan 6, 2013.

1. dieseldanf350

dieseldanf350 New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Any recommendations on block heater, manufacturer or aftermarket? Has 65 HP Cummins diesel.

2. Country Boy

Country Boy Bovi-Sapiens

Mar 18, 2010
    I really like the heaters that fit into one of the freeze plug* holes in the block. They seem to heat better than the external ones that plumb in with hoses. Much neater appearance as well. If you can't find one from Branson, you might be able to pick one up from a Cummins dealer if you give them the engine numbers.

*For those sticklers out there, yes I know they aren't actually freeze plugs, but ports in the casting that allow them to remove the forming sand that is used to form the coolant passages in the block. I've had that drummed into me several times over the years. The plugs won't protect the block from damage due to frozen coolant.