Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got this Box Blade with my tractor. I was hoping someone here would be able to ID what brand it is . Also I will need a new hydraulic cylinder for it which is easy and I don't need it right away for what I want to do. What I really need is to figure out a bushing for the location the lower mounting pin goes into.You can see it in one of the pictures. I thought I found what I need but I was oh so wrong. What do you guys recommend ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Howdy TR,

What size OD, ID, and length bushing do you need? You are going to have to weld them in place.....

Scarifiers are expensive, if you can find correct fit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howdy TR,

What size OD, ID, and length bushing do you need? You are going to have to weld them in place.....

Scarifiers are expensive, if you can find correct fit
BigT thanks for the reply . I don't mind welding them in . The outer diameter is a bit rough but If I remember right it was 1.45 . I did a quick measurement with the micrometer a couple weeks ago. I'll get another measurement. Do I need to have a bushing made or can I find them somewhere for something like this ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know scarifiers are expensive but I think I found some that will fit. I'm hoping to get this thing dialed in for les then half the price of a new box blade. I figure since I got it free with the tractor I might as well give it a good solid try at getting it fixed up. Luckily at this time I don't even need the scarifiers or the hydraulic cylinder for what I want to get accomplished.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would think a quick fix would be to weld a plate drilled to the proper 3pt cat. size on each side of the mounting ears. A couple of grease zerks could be added if you felt it was necessary. Or just plate and add a 3pt stud instead of using a pin. B.

·
Registered
804 Posts
This looks like an old Gannon brand box scraper........What is the width and I might be able to come up with a model number for it.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This looks like an old Gannon brand box scraper........What is the width and I might be able to come up with a model number for it.....
I'll get a measurement and post back here. I tried to google search old Gannon Box Blades and could not find one that looked like it . But that doesn't mean anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts