Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Sorry Chief, but

he more than just "screwed up". He is still a convicted drug addict who broke the law...and got off easy. Not "like the rest of us" would have gotten. He's just pissed he got caught.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is still a convicted drug addict who broke the law...and got off easy.
Rush has not gone to trial yet so he is not a convicted drug addict. At least not yet. He said he knows what he did was wrong and will stand and take his medicine. The prosecuter engaged in prosecutorial misconduct by releasing plea bargin negotiation between him and Roy Black. The prosecutor got reprimanded. He should be disbarred.

Yeah, Rush indeed broke the law and he is entitle to a fair trial by the law just like the rest of us; not the BS the prosecutor is pulling, trying for his 15 minutes of fame.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Didn't he admit to what he did on the air?

Did he go to treatment just to "see what it's like"?

Is he rolling over and trying to plea bargain because he is innocent?

I used to listen to him sometimes but now he seems like just a whining hypocrite.

Of course, I was for "W" more than against him till he announced he is giving the country away to get the Hispanic vote.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well johndeere, I suppose there is alway Dr. Ruth? :idea: :cowboy: :clown: :smiles: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
You make an EXCELLENT point about giving the country away to the hispanic vote. :thumbsup:
Si, Senor.

We get it for you wholesale. :D

Jose
:pedro: :pedro: :pedro: :pedro: :pedro: :pedro: :pedro:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
ive enjoyed, and listened to rush for a long time now... i think since 1988. I still listen to him, but lately he's using his radio show as a public Rush PR and to vent againsts the proscecution.

He did wrong and they are probably pointing him out... But i listen to his show to hear his political satire and to hear him make fun of the dems.. not to hear him whine about his unfair treatment.

The guy is worth 235 million $$$$, and thats ok.. good for him... but if it were me or someone else who was in trouble, we would not have public airwaves to complian daily like he has... If it were bill clinton who'd been caught, rush would have been all over him...
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I like Rush

He never lets the truth get in his way.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
msnbc is doing a special on him now and are indicating that he told all sorts of untruths...

The guy has tons of people monitoring him... if he were lying all the time people would be all over him....

msnbc doing a hatchet job on Rush... what a suprise!

·
674 Posts
"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

Yea that fits pretty well so does:

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
The shoe is on the other foot
He made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Rush would never give any one a break if they screwed up.
why should he get one.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
ive sort of grown up with the guy... 15-16 years is a long time to listen to someone... Thats whats great about talk radio...
But its strange.. i never had any idea the guy must have been wasted, taking all those drugs... it shows hes a great talent...

Plus what he did when he lost his hearing.. he had plenty of $$$$ he did not need the job.. he continued on because he HAD to...
it would have been easy to say.. i can not hear and talk right now.. so i quit.. but he kept on going..

·
Registered
361 Posts
I dont listen to him much anymore but I usd to listen to him daily when he was on the local KFBK station before he got his big break and went national. He took over locally here in 84/85 when Morton Downey Jr. got fired for calling a chinaman a chink on the radio. They ought to hang the blitch that has been blackmailing him for millions not him for getting strung out on "LEGAL" pain pills.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like to listen to Rush as much as I like to listen to NPR. You have to take each with a grain of salt. The big difference between Rush and most news organizations is that Rush comes right out and tells you where he is coming from. The news organizations claim to be neutral. I don't know how they can sleep at night.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by wheely_boy
I like to listen to Rush as much as I like to listen to NPR. You have to take each with a grain of salt. The big difference between Rush and most news organizations is that Rush comes right out and tells you where he is coming from. The news organizations claim to be neutral. I don't know how they can sleep at night.

good point WB... wouldnt you like to see Dan Rather or peter jennings wearing a "Go Dem's" Button or an "I love clinton Hat' something to let us know 'how they really feel'

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I personally like to listen to Rush on a rare occasion. He drives me a little nuts with his "holier than thou" attitude, but I agree with a large majority of his views.

I prefer to listen to something a lot lighter than that. Something that makes me laugh out loud.

For instance, I listen to Howard Stern every morning. Most people can't stand him, I just think he is a riot as he gets away with stuff that others wouldn't think of. This morning, he had on Pamela Anderson and it was amazing as to how stupid she can be. Some of his other antics make me laugh too (like the stripper game where they ask a stripper a question like "who won the civil war?" They basically bet on right or wrong and it is amazing how often they get it wrong.) Just makes me laugh on the ride to work.

At lunch time, I often listen to the Jim Rome Show (sports talk) and he also is very funny. He also gives great interviews. He is most know as the guy who interviewed Jim Everett (I think) on ESPN years ago and kept calling him "Chris" til Everett jumped over the table to slap him around

Anyways

1 - 20 of 22 Posts