Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a guy selling black seat covers for Bolens tubeframes such as the G series had on ebay. I have seen these on there for some time now. They are made from automotive grade vinyl and have the cushion attached.

I sent the seller an email during the week asking him if he thought about making them in red. He aggreed! So for around $35 + S&H you can now get either red or black. The stiching and piping appears as original except the molded in rectangles on the seat and back area are missing. Overall they look good from what I've seen and I think are a great deal for the price. I had been thinking of bringing one of seats to an upolstery shop to see what they could do. I'm pretty sure they would've charged more. Anyway, I ordered one in red during the week and will give a better review and more pics when it arrives. Now I can take the originals and store them while enjoying the tractors w/o worrying about adding any cracks or tears to the seats.

Here's the link to the ebay auctions
http://search.ebay.com/bolens-seat-covers_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought one of the black seat covers .. it fit my 1250 seat pan and it looks great..

I may have to get a red one now ... black does look out of place a bit

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken
Thanks! Glad to hear they fit well. Like I told Kevin, the guy selling them, if they're nice I'll take at least 4 and maybe an extra 1 or 2.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
One of the downsides to owning so many tractors....ya gotta buy 4 - 5 seat covers...:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greg

Not really a downside! Most of the original seat covers I have are in pretty good shape. Paying $35 to be able to store the originals while enjoying the tractors with covers that simulate the originals seems like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
sixchows...

I know exactly how you feel. I wish I could find a close match to
the 1886 seat. Mine is the original and is still in good shape.
I would love to save it and use a "Close Match" for everyday use.
It's the only Bolens tractor I have with it's original seat !!!

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Sixer,

I was only poking a little fun at you guys that have a gazillion wonderful toys....I'm jealous:cry: :cry:

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
One of these days I'll post a pic of my JD 140 H3 seat with all the duct tape on it...:dazed: :dazed: :furious: :furious:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by Greg
One of these days I'll post a pic of my JD 140 H3 seat with all the duct tape on it...:dazed: :dazed: :furious: :furious:
Careful of the duct tape. It can wrinkle and pinch your bottom! Then you too will have rosy cheeks! :D

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
1886 Seat Cover

I wonder, if he is buying them from someone, having someone make them, of making them himself? Guess I should go ask. There may be a situation here that he could get, or make covers for other models, if he had the deminsions or an old seat pan to use as a pattern. Now theres an idea that is worth hatching.
I find out,if I can, and post it.

Gillie:idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had seen those black seatcovers on ebay and thought it would be nice if he sold red ones. It never occured to me to email him and ask about it. Thanks sixchows.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought a red one for the 1050 I just completed restoring - it looks and fits great, and is very comfortable. I am 100% satisfied with it - highly recommend this guy to those who wish to replace the pan seat cushion.

>pf<

·
Registered
20 Posts
1886 seat covers

:tractorsm

Kevin, the guy selling/making the seat covers has asked for either a picture of the seat, which I sent him, or an old seat pan to use for a pattern. So, even though I sent the pictures, dies anyone have an old seat pan they would be willing to send him to use as a pattern? outta here

Gillie

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also used door edge molding around the edge of the metal seat pan before installing the cover. As anyone with one of these tractors knows, the pan actually cuts through the seat cover over time.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts