Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice Bolens winter cab Model # 51930 Serial #0100176. It is in good shape, but needs new material in the doors. I have no idea what it fits. I bought it to cut up and put on my John Deere 140, but had second thoughts. If somebody can help me find what it fits, maybe I can make an old Bolens man happy.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
hey l see you made it here sixchows or aegt5000 mite know what it will fit anyways here are two pics of bolens cabs what looks closes to yours

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cab

I'm pretty sure I didn't mistake a '0' for a '1', but I'll check. This cab doesn't look like either of the cabs in the attachments. It looks very similar to the John Deere cabs of early 70's. (I know they made several, but the best I can describe) This cab has a solid canvas right wall, and left door, a removable plastic rear window(made out of vinyl window material on a metal frame) and a nice glass windshield with a manual wiper. The roof is metal as is the back wall. If my memory is correct it is approximately 33" wide x 36"long x 61" high. It is painted dark green with a white top, but appears to be the factory colors. The Bolens sticker is in very nice shape and is on the upper left corner above the windshield inside the cab. The windshield also tips up as on the older Deeres to give access to the engine. I'll double check the #'s and see if I can get some pics posted.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Scott,
Glad to see you posted it here. There already seems to be some interest in it and hopefully a bolens guy will have a cab. You are a good guy to not cut it up to fit something else.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
It worked! And looks to be in good condition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And another one...

This is the last. If anybody has any questions, call me at (417) 293-8930. I could answer any questions, measure, etc.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hi Scott, welcome to TF!

I'm sure someone would be glad to as nice a cab as this.

I'm not sure what it fits, but I'm pretty sure it's not for a tube frame or large frame. My guess would be either the "QT" series or the "XL" series. The cutout for the hood looks closer to these than either the Duratrac or Eliminator series.

Aegt5000
What did the 50930 fit?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
James

That one looks like an"originalcab" cab with the fiberglass roof and safety glass front window. Part of the problem is there were maybe 3 or more different manufacturers?

Originalcab made the soft side and cozy cab made the fiberglass, and I think curtis made the steel cabs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scott,
The 51930 cab was made for the 5100 series Duratrac tractors.
It will fit the following models GT1700,5117H,GT2000,5120H,GT1800,5118H,5118HS, It will also fit the Troybilt GTX series tractors.
The cab was made by Femco for Bolens.
Hope this helps
Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fantastic!

That is great information. I have a fella interested in it from NY, but shipping appears to be prohibitive. Got a quote from Fed Ex freight of 250.00! Ouch! Need to find a better way to ship. Anybody got any suggestions?

·
LT/GT Moderator
597 Posts
this post was handy for me today :) thanks guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts