Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clap:
Just wanted to share the statistics with everyone from yesterday as we had the biggest one day posting day in TF.COM history!
We had 73,750 hits yesterday and a whopping 285 posts in one day. The total hits this month so far is: 1,481,614 and we have transferred over 10GB of data this month alone! :D

What does all of this mean? Tractorforum.com is truly making some serious strides with lots of activity, growth and progress.
Thanks to all of the users, moderators and guests for making this site a great place to host for all of you. If there are forum boards or other features that you are interested in, please let us know.
We are here to make this the best community forum board dedicated to tractoring --- anywhere. Join in the fun today - Sign up and start posting!

Bye

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin

We had 73,750 hits yesterday and a whopping 285 posts in one day.
Let's see, that was

185 posts for leolav
100 posts for simplejohn

Sounds about right!

Ha Ha Ha Ha

:lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SJ,

HAHA.

Actually it was 83 for Leo and 43 for SJ. ---- So still had over 150 posts not related to theirs! Amazing ----- :D Leo's keyboard must be missing some keys this morning or something --- 83 posts!
Wow! ----------------->

Good job.
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Argee said,
"Let's see, that was
185 posts for leolav
100 posts for simplejohn

Sounds about right!"

As my grandmother used to say, "There's a case of the pot calling the kettle black." :hide:

I managed one post yesterday, that was the most I'd talked all day. ;)

Congratulations Andy! :friends: :clap: :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Argee said,
"Let's see, that was
185 posts for leolav
100 posts for simplejohn

Sounds about right!"

As my grandmother used to say, "There's a case of the pot calling the kettle black." :hide:

I managed one post yesterday, that was the most I'd talked all day. ;)

Congratulations Andy! :friends: :clap: :thumbsup:

Mark
Aw shucks:blush: there have been some days that I may have posted quite a bit, but nothing even close to those youngsters with high speed keyboards. :smiles:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Tough Crowd!!!

My god!!! I had 83 posts. I can do better if you would like!!! I actually thought it was higher than that.

I was just getting back from a business trip and I had a little catching up to do.

Won't happen again, unless I drink too much caffeine.

What a fun day!

and Argee, it was 187 for me and 98 for SJ.

Andy:

Just had to give my fingers a break!!! They was tired after that day. Plus, it was the weekend and I had a ton of sticks to throw through the shredder.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
No, really busy at work. The 4th quarter is always real busy. I have been going up to the site, but just really skimming and not reading everything as usual. I am actually avoiding some java programming right now.

I'm supposed to be putting together a java app that opens a secure URL, gets a cookie, fillls out a form, receives an XML stream, parse the stream with XSL/T and then sends the parsed data to our management system. Sound fun?

Actually, for some weird reason... I actually like making stuff work together. I like when someone says.... "nope, we can't do that". The last time R&D told a customer that it would take 6 months to put something together to fulfill the request, I went to my desk, looked at my monitor for 5 minutes just thinking. Then 3 hours later sent a proto-type with installation instructions to the customer. It was a proto-type and just proved to the "prospect" that we can do the work... they signed up as a customer a few days later. They didn't sign because of that proto-type, but I know it added to the reasons to sign with us.

Uh Oh.... I'd like to turn myself in for an illegal thread hi-jacking :D

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg

I'm supposed to be putting together a java app that opens a secure URL, gets a cookie, fillls out a form, receives an XML stream, parse the stream with XSL/T and then sends the parsed data to our management system. Sound fun?
?????????????????? Uhhhh yeah, sounds really fun.:smiles: Anybody know what he just said? Boy oh boy, when it comes to these computers, I'm about as illiterate as one can get. Hell, I can't figure out how to stop the internet connection screen that pops up about 8 times when I first turn my computer on.:worm:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
Hell, I can't figure out how to stop the internet connection screen that pops up about 8 times when I first turn my computer on.:worm:
What the heck is that. Are you saying that your computer prompts you 8 times on startup to connect to the internet? If so, that means that you have programs set up to automatically start and they want access to the internet. I assume your a dial-up'er. Yuck, I would fix that if I were you.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
What the heck is that. Are you saying that your computer prompts you 8 times on startup to connect to the internet? If so, that means that you have programs set up to automatically start and they want access to the internet. I assume your a dial-up'er. Yuck, I would fix that if I were you.
Yes, I get prompted 8 times on startup.

"Yuck, I would fix that if I were you" --No you wouldn't, because if you were me, you wouldn't know how. :smiles:

I can turn the computer on and move around in it pretty well. That's the extent of my knowledge. My son, who lives in San Francisco, has a good knowledge of computers, problem is he only comes to visit once a year.

How would I go about fixing it?

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I fixed mine

All the little things that would happen to my computer that I did not understand are all fixed now. The great power outage of 2003 fried it. Bought a brand new one ,works great

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: I fixed mine

Originally posted by slipshod
All the little things that would happen to my computer that I did not understand are all fixed now. The great power outage of 2003 fried it. Bought a brand new one ,works great
That would be one way of fixing it. But I think this one has a few miles left on it, just need to get it tuned up. I'm handy as hell on mechanical things, but dumber than a stump when it comes to computers.:saber:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
last one

My last computer was an HP Wally world special.The new one is a Sony ,loaded. What a difference.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought a newer HP from a wholesale club and love it at home. It is super fast, huge storage, dvd-rw writer, and all the other bells and whistles. Great machine.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where has Simple_John been?
Last visit --- 2003-11-24 06:28:05
Last Post -- 2003-11-21 14:53:53

Nothing to say in several days?
Maybe his keyboard is not working just his mouse --- ;)

:D

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
HP

My HP got a new power supply and is working again.I gave it to my youngest son.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think he got scared, ran to the hills. Either that or he is busy buffing a speck of dirt off that Simplicity of his.

At this rate, he will never regain his 5 spot. Or 6 spot as Slipshod is gaining quickly.

Not that it matters, just funny.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
im back you guys... i was in mass today & yesterday and out dicking around with my shed/ramp this weekend.... im kind of concerned... my tractor could not seem to make it over a 2.75" lip (yes, leolavi measured it) from my ramp to my shed... not sure how it will do on 18" of snow... and actually i did nit polish my prestige up... its pretty shiney still so no need till summer...

sj

1 - 20 of 40 Posts