Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the big tractor fourms are not getting the trafic that the rest of the site is. I know you cant realy open all the fourms on the main page, but is there some way to mark on the home page, that there is a new post in the whole catagory? ie someone post in the N fourm, under say tires, flash some kind of a marker on the home page saying there is a new post, then you know to go into the N fourms to check where.

Just a thought, and I don't know if it's possable.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
IF THAT

wasnt an FP nothing is.:lmao: :lmao:
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I444,

I agree with you in kind. I purposely coded the original board design in such a way as to limit the size of the front page. In turn, the big tractor pages may have suffered greatly. When I created the big tractor boards, I was a little over-zealous in my creation of too many seperate sub-catagories and I feel that may have reduced the effectiveness of each individual section. I will work on placing a siren or something to indicate new posts, but like I do for all new posts, I click on the new posts/new thread link when I hit the board. I don't open each catagory looking for new posts.

In any case, thanks for the concern. Another reason for the lack of growth in this section goes back to word of mouth and cross-advertising/promotion of this site and our capabilities. We must keep focused on bringing in and standing behind your forum. It is the only way we will control to strive.

Thanks.
Andy
:alien:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
To be honest, I think this forum is growing at a rapid pace. I also think it will continue to grow as winter convenes on this hemisphere. There isn't a lot to do on most winter days, but to sit and plan what your going to do with your tractor and garden the following spring. Word of mouth will get out there. We must be patient.:truth:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Tractorguy
How's I get into this arguement???? I was not even in on this silly post ....

(until now)

ROFLMAO!!! Can't win, can you TG?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andy,
Ya I know you realy can't have them ALL on the front page. Just kind of a though that came into my head at 3am. Kind of just throughing out the thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts